Max Factor Discontinued in U.S. as of 2010

NANA

Hi ladies... I just came across this article and thought I would share it with you. I apologize if this is posted somewhere else already...

P&G Discontinues Max Factor Makeup Brand in U.S. - Advertising Age - News

So, it looks like Procter and Gamble will discontinue Max Factor as of the first quarter of 2010 however it will continue to be available in other countries.
cry.gif
Apparently it isn't doing to well in the US
th_dunno.gif
Anywho.... I would recommend you guys stock up on your Max Factor faves and hopefully we can find some great bargains before it gets pulled.

MzzRach

Interesting. The only Max Factor items I really like are the mascaras, but I can find replacements. Not really into any of their other products.

Thanks for the info!

coachkitten

I am sad that this brand is being discontinued in the US just because it is such a big part of American history. Max Factor is iconic for so many reasons. I don't use much of their line but I will be sad to see it go.

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I am sad that this brand is being discontinued in the US just because it is such a big part of America history. Max Factor is iconic for so many reasons. I don't use much of their line but I will be sad to see it go.

I agree. I don't use their products, but I am also sad to see it go.. Their pancake makeup is a classic! I was reading about the company last night.. Max Factor really helped give birth to the modern cosmetic industry. Apparently he was the first to coin the term 'makeup'.

Max Factor makeup - 1909-2009. at least it will still be sold overseas
th_dunno.gif

Adrastea

A lot of people don't know it but Max Factor's great-grandsons were the guys that created Smashbox.

IDontKnowMomo

This is so crazy! I'm pretty sad to see it go
ssad.gif

Their e/s suck, but I pretty much like everything else from the brand.

babydollala

omg i just posted about this in LE thread...i love the 2000 calorie mascara. i think its a pretty good d/s mascara...def. will stock up on a few...