Maybe a ridiculous question

Okay...so I'm interested in getting into makeup professionally. I work as a model right now so I have some contacts and that...but to work at a MAC store, what are the credentials...do you have to go to school? Any tips? I want to change up my life and find something fun to do. And I love makeup. *smiles* any help would be awesome!

shabdebaz

Honestly, you don't have to have gone to makeup school, although that IS helpful. Your background in the industry should help you. Go to a counter and drop off a resume to the manager and make sure you have on black and amazing makeup!

lovedust7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita Von Kanada
Okay...so I'm interested in getting into makeup professionally. I work as a model right now so I have some contacts and that...but to work at a MAC store, what are the credentials...do you have to go to school? Any tips? I want to change up my life and find something fun to do. And I love makeup. *smiles* any help would be awesome!

MAC has internal job postings and b/c everyone wants to work at a stoer u might be better of applying at a counter. Usually a MAC store will require at least 2 years of experience. Then again it depends on the city and location.

brandi

as long as you know how to do makeup and you have experience in retail or customer service you should be fine... just apply turn in a resume.... since you're a model you have a good chance.... i live on hawaii so they don't require any type of experience.... or schooling... i guess it really does depend on where you live... idk...