Maybelline Colour Definer shadow sticks ?

ilovegreen

I saw an advert for these and was wondering if anyone has tried these ?
If so are they a good alternative to the MAC Shadesticks ?

Here's a link

TIA
smiles.gif

ShesAFoxyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegreen
If so are they a good alternative to the MAC Shadesticks ?

I'd be interested to know this too
smiles.gif

Karen_B

Oooh, I saw these too! I'm thinking about buying one, they're half price from MAC shadesticks. I tried it on my hand in the shop, and I had a hard time getting off even with soap and water, so it seems like they would be crease proof.

Karen_B

OK, I have now purchased 2 of these babies, a beige one and a lavender one (I'm sorry I can't remember the names right now). I have used the beige one twice - it's a good enough dupe for Beige-ing, colourwise. The staying power is AMAZING. Today I wore it as my only base, went out for a walk in humid, "it's-about-to-rain" weather and my eyeshadow didn't budge an inch. And my lids are super duper oily - even with UDPP under them, MAC shadesticks or Paint pots can crease on me if it's slightly warm outside.

The Color Definer stick goes on smoothly, but you have to be quick if you want to blend it out with your fingers or something because once they dry the will not move. Apply it carefully so you don't get a too thick layer on your lid, is my tip.

I will definitely go back for more shades of these. I only wish they had them in black, now that MAC Sharkskin has been discontinued!

Karen_B

This is very strange I think - why a lot of brands don't sell the same products in Europe as in the US and vice verse. For example, in Europe we don't have the L'Oreal HIP line (at least not in Sweden, France, England or Ireland, last time I checked). And these shadow sticks by Maybelline aren't available in the states... What's the logic behind that?

Zoffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
This is very strange I think - why a lot of brands don't sell the same products in Europe as in the US and vice verse. For example, in Europe we don't have the L'Oreal HIP line (at least not in Sweden, France, England or Ireland, last time I checked). And these shadow sticks by Maybelline aren't available in the states... What's the logic behind that?

I can actually understand why L'Oreal hasn't release HIP in EU... I don't see a lot of Europeans wear much makeup so I think it makes sense not to release such a pigmented line here. It makes me sad though!
winks.gif

Why Maybelline doesn't release these shadow sticks in the US... Well, I don't know...I think there is more competition there and even though these shadow sticks last long and all they are not very pigmented at all so I wouldn't buy them if there was an alternative like the nyx jumbo pencils and such
winks.gif

Karen_B

Maybe Europeans would wear more makeup if we had some decent products to choose from... LOL!
I think the Maybelline shadow sticks have OK pigmentation. But I am mainly after a base for other shadows and nothing too bright, so if the colours are less intense it's nothing that really bothers me.