Maybelline Super Stay 24- Hr Foundation

gujifijian

Maybelline just came out with this new product. The product itself is similiar to Revlon Colorstay with Soft Flex. But it stays on your face for 24 hours whereas Revlon is 16 Hr! Although Revlon has SPF 6, the same is not said with Maybelline.

So has anyone tried this new product yet? If so, what are your thoughts on it? I want to try it but I'm loyal to Revlon Colorstay. The last time I switched from Revlon to Mac, I had a major acne breakout. I don't want the same to just save few dollars. But Revlon is expensive especially in Canada. It's $14.99 at Walmart and other places sell it for much higher. And if Maybelline 24 Hr is cheaper, I will definitely have to switch.

So anyone try it yet?

rainieangelz

from my blog

Quote:
Maybelline Superstay Foundation Review

This foundation is pretty new. So new that there's not even a link or product informational thingy on the Maybelline website yet.

Anyways, I've been walking past this foundation at my local CVS a couple of times before I actually gave in and bought it. There were small tester vials avaliable to color match yourself and I found that really neat especially for a drugstore brand because they normally don't do testers for drugstore cosmetics. I've also been reading up on the reviews on makeupally for this foundation and unfortunatly to say alot of the reviews have been pretty positive, which was a main reason why I gave into the hype in the first place. HOWEVER when I first purchased this, I had originally purchased this in the wrong shade it was one shade too light for me. So I exchanged the Nude for the Classic Beige. Let's backtrack a little bit. The first day when I put this foundation on was when I had purchased this in Nude. At first it looked okay on my skin, almost matched my skintone exactly except it was slightly pinky. But later in the day I realized that the foundation had started to oxidize although I convinced myself it was because the lighting in my room was whack and the shade was too dark. So I exchanged it and the second day, the foundation seemed perfect. BUT, since this does not have a pump I poured a little bit on my hand and brushed it on there. The color looked exact, but once again later in the day it started to oxidize on me but this time because this shade had more yellow undertones than the previous shade, instead of turning darker it turned ORANGE. *note see above face of the day* But I decided to be nice and give it a few more days to get used to my skin and I noticed it oxidizing even faster with each use of the foundation and yesterday, I finally decided to send this useless foundation into my swap bin.

Pros
-a pretty wide color range for a drugstore brand foundation
-Coverage is really nice, about medium to heavy depending on how you layer
-Doesn't accentuate flakey dry spots
-Has a dewy finish if you're into that (I'm not -___-)
-Doesn't break me out

Cons
-IT DOESN'T EVEN LAST THAT LONG. It promises "super stay, up to 24hrs". BULLCRAP. Revlon makes that claim too, but it really does last on my super oily T-zone!
Oxidizes
-Color selection is not yellow/olive toned enough to suit asian skintones
-Has a dewy finish

Would I buy this again?

HECK NO.

Who would I recommend this to?
People with more dry skin. Maybe the foundation won't oxidize on you because of the decreased oil production. and for people with sensitive skin

SIGH. I'm not saying that this is a horrible foundation for everyone, just me. Especially since on makeupalley there are alot of positive reviews, I just happened to not be one of them.

Amarie

I love this product
th_LMAO.gif

BRosa

The texture of this Maybelline Superstay foundation is softer than that of the Colorstay. It feels great when I apply it on my face. It doesn't dry as fast as Colorstay, so I have more time to blend it. I really like the finish, yes, it's more natural than the matte look Colorstays provides. The coverage is medium to full. Again, I love how soft this liquid foundation is.

But I completely agree: the 24hr claim is a lie and it does not stands humidity and heat. In less than 2 hr. this product is "moving" all over my oily t-zone. It does nothing to help control the oil in that area---I have tried this foundation on top of different oil-free primers and alone and it just doesn't work. I hate to see the "patches" of foundation around my nose and forehead the moment I start sweating. I'm sorry but my Colorstay does stays for hours on my skin controlling the oil and looking great.

Not many colors available.

DJ_Roxas

The product is okay but your make-up will transfer. It did with me and I was sad because I really like the dewy finish. But it doesn't last long.
ssad.gif

mz_ELLE

I was interested in this product since alot of people have talked about it, so I bought. What's great about this foundation is that there is a bunch of shades to choose from. It has a pretty good coverage (covers all the redness and blemishes), but I have to agree with the posts above. This foundation doesn't last very long even when I applied a base under.

What I did like about this foundation as opposed to the Revlon CS is that it was less cakey looking on my face. Not to mention it is cheaper than the CS.

But overall, I think I'm gonna stick with my CS foundation.

thelimabean

Well, I live in the valley so humidity isn't that bad. For me it does stay on pretty well, although I don't use it all over my face since it's pretty thick. It is good for covering up blemishes though
smiles.gif

gujifijian

wow guys thanks for all the great comments.

I went out yesterday and bought few shades. I had foundation on already so couldn't test it. Anywaz I'm a Natural Tan in Revlon Colorstay. And I bought a Natural Tan also in Maybelline. Apparantly the revlon has more pink hues in it compared to Maybelline. I also bought a Classic Beige. Btw I'm indian and olive complexion. Classic Beige is way too light for me. And Natural Tan in Maybelline is an ok. But definitely lighter color than Revlon shade. Revlon discontinued Early Tan shade which was an exact match for me.(totally pissed about that) So I switched to Natural Tan...and my mom noticed that it's darker for me.

I have yet to wear Maybelline all day and see if it can live through the everyday norm. I really hate being darker by using Revlon. argggggggggggggh......I need a cosmetician or a makeup artist to do my makeup for me every single day for the rest of my life! lol