Melba vs. Hipness Blush

enjoybeingagirl

Melba is my go to everyday blush. I am looking for something similar but slightly different to change it up. Hipness is beautiful but I'm not sure if it will suit my NW15 skin. I love Springsheen but I don't care for the gold shimmer. I can't wear any pinks because I have sensitive skin that is often red and pink blush tends to accentuate the redness that I conceal. I tried Tenderling because it was recommended to me from MAC live chat but it was too pink.

Thanks in advance! I am craving a new MAC blush.

browneyedbaby

Hipness is one of my absolute faves, I'm NC15... I've never tried Melba though so not sure how they compare I'm afraid.

enjoybeingagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
Hipness is one of my absolute faves, I'm NC15... I've never tried Melba though so not sure how they compare I'm afraid.

Thanks ... maybe I should just try it before its gone forever! It looks so pretty in pictures.

ilorietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
Melba is my everyday blush. Mat, great color payoff, a beautiful peach color!!

I agree! Melba or Cheek (another matte) are great everyday colours!

enjoybeingagirl

I ended up getting Hipness before it was gone for good. I love it! It is bright and peachy. I can only apply a tiny bit or I look like a clown (I am NW15) but it is so pretty! Thanks for the recommendations.

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoybeingagirl
I ended up getting Hipness before it was gone for good. I love it! It is bright and peachy. I can only apply a tiny bit or I look like a clown (I am NW15) but it is so pretty! Thanks for the recommendations.

I'm the same skintone and I feel the same way! I absolutely LOVE Hipness..I couldn't wear Melba because it was too orange on me. I really like that Hipness is buildable..I don't know what kind of brush you use with it, but I found that the dual hair brushes (168 I think?) work the best. Glad you were able to get it!

Did you depot yours? I couldn't bring myself to do it...I'm in LOVE with the black shiny casing
smiles.gif