Men working for MAC and Their makeup looks!?

Hello! I was recently hired for freelance with MAC! My dream is to work my way up to regional trainer. I want a long term career with MAC! I went to makeup school and such and have a cosmetic background..... My question is, when working a shift at my counter, should i wear a full done up face or just look very clean and natural I.E. Groomed brows, flawless skin curled lashes a little lip primer, or is it recommended to go in with a full face? I dont normally wear a full face everday, but I know mac is about appearance and sales, and i want to look and be the best I can be. Any Advice? Thanks!!!!

paparazziboy

at MAC we call it boy beauty u will hardly ever see a male trainer or manager or senior artist in full face with eye shadow and all. i wear foundation a d a bit of bronzer clean brows well groomed. think how u would see a male on the red carpet is the best wan i can describe the look.

joshuaCARTERmac

All I use is the following and it works perfect ...

1/3 Moisturizer
1/3 Foundation
1/3 Tinted Moisturizer

And I conceal where needed ...

Depending on the coverage that you need thats where your foundation and tinted moisturizer would vary but I find that it leaves my skin looking dewy and natural !

You can also use blot powder if you dont want that dewy look but it turns out to be super nice looking !

Humvimo

i guess it doesnt matter what you wear as long as its YOU !!.. i wear foundation, powder, highlight and contour but still making it look natural and manly cuz it is possible... Oh btw i am a BOY, the picture i have on display IS me just in "ilussion" lol in case you were wondering

missah

I know I'm not male but the male MA at my counters, one of them does his eyes really beautifully. Usually dark sparkley eyes which makes him super gorgeous. The other MA rocks a very natural, glowly look.
Its really up to your style and I thought that the way they wore their makeup really suited their looks. I would buy makeup from either of them, since most MAC consumers are people who just want to talk to someone friendly and nice.
I've read many complaints from the Specktra and bloggers about really mean and standoffish MA/SA so just rock whatever makeup suits you and just wear a smile and be friendly. Thats my advice:)

Christy0188

The only male that work at my mac counter normally wears foundation, powder and very natural cheek color nothing too bright. and a very neutral eyeshadow color. To be honest with i can barely tell he has makeup on but when he is closer i can definitely see the glow in his cheeks LOL!! i think males should not go too bright neutrals appeals more. Is just my opinion you can definitely do your makeup however you feel comfortable with. Just have in mind some people are judgemental and get upset by seeing men wearing makeup.(which of course you don't have to care)

Last year on a trip to Brea mall I saw a parent yelling at the MAC manger saying it was wrong to allowed their males to have make up on. he stated that ladies walk in with their children and it was wrong for them to see that. but my question was If he really get bothered why even going inside the store with children right? this may be way out of subject here and shouldn't even ring it up but unfortunately those things happen:( there a lot of people out there that are very mean.I apologize if my post sounded offensive it was not my intention i promise is just that there is a lot out there who are judgemental:(

Babylard

^ thats terrible. Make up is for everyone ;( Some people are just ignorant and bat crap crazy :/

I see guys with mean brows and clean sculpted face with amazing contouring and highlighting. Their skin looks soooo amazing >_<
Asides from MAC, there was this guy with crazy eyeshadow and I had to ask him what he had on. (mufe glitters + mixing medium) I really liked it and I didn't mind really