Men's Facial Hair Removal

x___untouchable

This is the #1 most annoying thing to me. I can't stand it! I've tried so many things and I can't find anything that didn't make my face feel awful. The BEST thing I've used so far is the Gillette Fusion Power Razor, i've tried the regular one too but the Power one leaves my face completely smooth and with less irritation, but still it's 5 blades and it still irritates my skin. I'm thinking of trying to Schick Quattro Power with the Clearasil for Men shave line but I'd prefer to find something else.

I'm always told that facial hair removal products for women won't work on a man's facial hair, but I tried it anyway. They were right. I've tried both GIGI and Nair facial hair removal and it was honestly the most painful thing I've ever done to my face. I don't understand though, the regular Nair, Nair for Men, regular Veet and Veet For Men all work great for all over my body, but the facial hair ones wont work for me.

I've heard that wax strips/epilation doesn't work either.

What else is there left? I've seen a couple of facial hair removers for men on like folica.com and stuff, but it always says for Black Men only.

This is one of them

http://www.texasbeautysupplies.com/magfragcream.html

Do they make one like this for guys?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make facial hair removal easier? It's so easy with my body, just slide on the cream and wait a couple seconds and then wipe it off. I wish I could just do that with my face.

LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by x___untouchable
This is the #1 most annoying thing to me. I can't stand it! I've tried so many things and I can't find anything that didn't make my face feel awful.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make facial hair removal easier? It's so easy with my body, just slide on the cream and wait a couple seconds and then wipe it off. I wish I could just do that with my face.

Untouchable, as an esthetician, I've heard this so many times from men and, unfortunately, waxing just doesn't do well for facial hair on men. It IS more painful and IMO produces more ingrown hairs even with great skin care and exfoliation.

The one product line I recommend to my male clients is "The Art of Shaving" line that can be found at some of the higher end department store and probably off the internet somewhere. Their products are outstanding, there's no substitude for an old fashioned razor and blade and they recommend warm towels and going slow, slow, slow.

My husband has very sensitive skin and looked like roadkill after a shave. Once he started using this system his skin cleared up and the closeness of his shaves were quite amazing. As I began recommending this, other men were seeing the same results. Sorry there isn't a quicker, longer lasting potion I could recommend. HTH!
smiles.gif