Merlot Grape Seed Moisturizer- Dangerous?

ndn-ista

Hello my lovelies....

I hope everyone is well and ready for the holidays. I am looking for a new moisturizer for maturing skin. I am a research fien and I was looking into Merlot's Grape seed moisturizer because I have read so many raves on it. I was this close of getting it from Walgreens and this stopped me.

GoodGuide | Merlot Grape Seed Moisturizer

Mentions distrupters, neurotoxicants...

Nothing is really natural now a days, and it seems like every thing has some kinda of negative aspect to a product.

Should I go head and try this out? I have emailed the maker with some questions regarding the ingredients, no word back.

Help me out guys! I want to know what you think

nikita2471

I've been using the nighttime version for 3 months now and it's definitely helped clear up my complexion. My skin feels much smoother and supple!

Jinni

I'd probably stay away from it (not that it's very relevant since it's apparently banned in the EU lol). I don't see any reason to use a product with issues when other products are available.

I do wish that the website would list the ingredients they found problematic. That would make the desicion much easier.

ohnna-lee

I posted before about olive oil, I will try to find the post....

Olive Oil as a Moisturizer

If you are looking for something besides that I would suggest Mario Badescu collagen cream, it has SPF 15 in it and I use it everyday. I also use a lot of B Kamins products and Stri Vectin which kicks the crap outta fine lines! I'm 34 and still get mistaken for being years younger.

kimmy

i went to my doctor a few months ago with an acne problem and she prescribed me retin-a which dries your skin out really bad, she suggested i use the merlot grapeseed moisturizer to help fix the dryness and irritation the retin-a would cause. i haven't used it, since i still had alot of my estee lauder moisturizer left, but i can't imagine that she'd have suggested something dangerous.
shrugs.gif

Jinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i went to my doctor a few months ago with an acne problem and she prescribed me retin-a which dries your skin out really bad, she suggested i use the merlot grapeseed moisturizer to help fix the dryness and irritation the retin-a would cause. i haven't used it, since i still had alot of my estee lauder moisturizer left, but i can't imagine that she'd have suggested something dangerous.
shrugs.gif

I dunno. I can imagine it must be hard to keep up with all the publications and developement in skincare and the related chemicals.

I don't think it would have been banned in the EU without data to back up the ban.