Metal Rock MSF

tiffdultimate

Does anyone know if Metal Rock MSF is ever coming back?:confused: It is my absolute favorite. Is there anything out now that is even close to Metal Rock?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Who knows if Metal Rock will ever return. I hope so. Until then you could try using Chocolate Brown pigment instead. HTH.

Lisa J

When was Metal Rock released? I hear so much about these MSFs and just bought my first one (New Vegas) - how often are they released?

thelove4tequila

With the way MAC loves to release 6321056560 collections each year, I would put my $ on they may re-release it or something similar. I want to get my hands on it too so hopefully I'm right.

Eemaan

how did you guys to get Metal rock not look like youd just washed your face with dirt
ssad.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eemaan
how did you guys to get Metal rock not look like youd just washed your face with dirt
ssad.gif

I think it really just depends on your complexion. Metal Rock just doesn't suit some people, much like some of the other MSFs.

calbear

Honestly I'm not sure they are going to ever re-release that one. It was definitely super pigmented and on the darker side. Everyone rushed to purchase it and most were retuned (which means destroyed) stating it was too dark and comments like the dirt one above (no offense to the poster). This actually happens to quite a few more pigmented products like darker lipsticks, glosses, et. Quite a few counters couldn't really sell it. Not really sure if MAC knows about the people who would love to see it again, from their perspective it might not have been a big money maker. Pink sells really well and people complain about the 9000 pinks that MAc makes but that's what the public buys and keeps.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
Honestly I'm not sure they are going to ever re-release that one. It was definitely super pigmented and on the darker side. Everyone rushed to purchase it and most were retuned (which means destroyed) stating it was too dark and comments like the dirt one above (no offense to the poster). This actually happens to quite a few more pigmented products like darker lipsticks, glosses, et. Quite a few counters couldn't really sell it. Not really sure if MAC knows about the people who would love to see it again, from their perspective it might not have been a big money maker. Pink sells really well and people complain about the 9000 pinks that MAc makes but that's what the public buys and keeps.

I agree, sadly. It seems that a lot of Women of Color want Metal Rock to return, and with good reason, but for every person like myself that really wants to get her hands on it, there are five complaining that it's too dark and they can't do anything with it.

bluebird08

I actually have Metal Rock and as a woman of color it suits me just fine...Some of the lighter MSF's make me look ashy. But I don't think they will ever bring it back though...

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I agree, sadly. It seems that a lot of Women of Color want Metal Rock to return, and with good reason, but for every person like myself that really wants to get her hands on it, there are five complaining that it's too dark and they can't do anything with it.

And of the 5 who complain about that, 3 of them have it in their case and are hanging on to it because of collector's greed. :/

MiCHiE

Right, Shimmer....I was just looking at some past threads about a pigment I'm interested in that's not in stock....Amazing how people have items, don't like them/use them, but hold on to them because it completes a "collection". WTF!??!

Shimmer

Exactly. Seeing people decide to dump their collections, and they've got 7 Stereo Roses and 5 Pleasureflushes and 2 Turquoise pigments and 8 So Ceylons I'm always like
hmm.gif
why?? o.0

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
And of the 5 who complain about that, 3 of them have it in their case and are hanging on to it because of collector's greed. :/

So correct! There was a MUA thread about this, how no one wants to use Metal Rock, but no one will swap or sell it. And for the handful of people trying to swap or sell it, well you'd think it's Pleasureflush the prices theywant for it! It's like, it you're NW15, why are you holding on to it? Donate it to a NW45 who'll have lots of uses for it. And I understand wanting to have ALL of the MSF, I really do. But honestly, can one person really wear Lightscpade and Metal Rock? They are on opposite ends of the spectrum. It all goes back to collecting v. using. But I def. don't agree with hoarding makeup. Why do you need 5 or 6 of one MSF shade? Why?

Eemaan

Metal rock never looked good on my face but makes a great eyeshadow crease colour...and i know of people on here who have got through their pleasureflushes and of the two gold deposits ive owned, im on the second
smiles.gif

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eemaan
Metal rock never looked good on my face but makes a great eyeshadow crease colour...and i know of people on here who have got through their pleasureflushes and of the two gold deposits ive owned, im on the second
smiles.gif

I agree... I am NW20 and love metal rock.. I actually do use it fairly often because I love the shade- well, for my eyes... it is now like a huge eyeshadow..really huge.
smiles.gif

SMMY

NC25 here and love my Metal Rock. I use it as an eye shadow, but honestly keep it, because in terms of pigment and milling, it is probably the best MSF I own. No ubber large glitter chunks that create fallout, just smooth and silky.
I wish MAC would consider a compromise and re-release this even as a multi-purpose product. They could release it in the same size as the current MES. Kind of like how a lot of people purchased Lovestone MES for a blush. I know a lot of ladies that would love to have this color and by releasing this product in a smaller MES format, I bet they would sell a ton of these in this color. Some of us would buy it to use as an eye shadow and others as at MSF. Win win situation for MAC and us.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
I wish MAC would consider a compromise and re-release this even as a multi-purpose product. They could release it in the same size as the current MES. Kind of like how a lot of people purchased Lovestone MES for a blush. I know a lot of ladies that would love to have this color and by releasing this product in a smaller MES format, I bet they would sell a ton of these in this color. Some of us would buy it to use as an eye shadow and others as at MSF. Win win situation for MAC and us.

That's a good idea.

I understand wanting every MSF. I collect them too. I do have some that I never use but will never part with - ie. New Vegas. I don't get when someone has like 5 or 6 of one kind, though. I mean, are you ever going to use all of those?

ARmakeupjunkie

I think it's funny that I read this thread and then went over to livejournal. One of the first post I saw there was a sale and one of the items was a Metal Rock MSF that the seller is taking offers on. If I remember correction, they will be taking offers until Friday and they are taking no less than $50, but don't quote me on that. I had to laugh!! What are the chances?
cutey.gif

SMMY

Actually probably pretty good, unfortunately. Though hopefully now that MAC is resurrecting some popular LE's again (moth brown and parrot) maybe people will be less predisposed to spend outrageous amounts for some of these. I seem to remember someone spending around $150 for Pleasureflush on eBay. Ouch!