metal-x eyeshadow in virgin silver/cyber?

lolemily

sorry if this is the wrong section for this :)
i haven't posted on these boards before.

i want a very metallic, silver-y eyeshadow.
i had one from a cosmetics shop, but it's a really low-quality $2 type thing
and i'd rather a better one.

mac has two eyeshadows that look pretty silver; virgin silver and cyber.
i'm just not sure which, as some people say virgin silver is quite sheer, but cyber is a bit grey to me.

if anyone has any experience wearing this products, could you please give me a hand? :)
or better yet, if anyone has a PICTURE of them wearing it, that'd be a god-send.

thank you so much.

landonsmother

check the product swatches threads. they have swatches of recent & past mac collections. HTH
smiles.gif

gigglegirl

Agree with Shimmer. I have Cyber and its an awesome silver (I use it with Silver Fog pigment if you're familiar with that and it looks pretty similar)--I use it as a silver accent lightly overtop but basically just use silver fog to get the look.

Now if you check out the Metal-x Discussion Thread there's a lot of talk about the possible crease factor and how flaky it is. What I do is lightly swipe my e/s brush (242) over the top, then apply it lightly on my eye--may take a few more swipes but there is no flaking then.

But if you just want silver, I'd HIGHLY recommend getting Silver Fog pigment, the jar will last you forever, or get a MAC e/s like Electra?

GlamYOURUs

I love the Metal X shadows! I wish I bought backups. lol I use mine all the time and it does take patience with a little UDPP, a paint to work with and your FINGERS! lol
The colors are all gorgeous. I bought every single one.
And for a silver, I would go with the Cyber. Virgin Silver is too white for my liking but hey to each their own.
I hope in the near future that the CCOs will have the Metal X shadows since they didn't do so well. More for me!!!! haha

gigglegirl

LOL GlamYourUs, I'm sure CCOs will have them! They're still kicking around it seems online (Canada MAC site) but they'll be so much cheaper (which would appeal to me to get more!

Do you find theres not really a whole heck of a lot of product? I did a swap for 1/8tsp and it sure used up quite a bit (eyeballing about 1/3 of the container)

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
LOL GlamYourUs, I'm sure CCOs will have them! They're still kicking around it seems online (Canada MAC site) but they'll be so much cheaper (which would appeal to me to get more!

Do you find theres not really a whole heck of a lot of product? I did a swap for 1/8tsp and it sure used up quite a bit (eyeballing about 1/3 of the container)

You mean in the pots themselves? I think there is because a little goes a long way and I just use my fingers to be quite honest with you. Its easier to pick up the color and blend it in. Since I bought it, I never even attempted to use a brush because I know I will waste product that way and it won't blend in easy judging from what it looks like and knowing its a cream.

Its funny, yesterday all I did was use UDPP, Pure Ore (gold) and Plum Electric on my lids. Pure Ore as the base and Plum in my crease and I blended it using my fingers and TA DA! I was done! It looked really good but my battery died from my digi so I couldn't take any pics.

But you're probably right, since you did a swap of some it. I feel that the colors and product are just that intense that you wouldn't need to so much anyway.

lara

The Metal-X shadows are actually really nice if you leave them open for a while so they dry out and form a hard, powder-dry crust that you can use like a traditional eyeshadow.

Great dry eyeshadow, dire creme eyeshadow.

Latest posts