Michelle Obama's Inaugural Dress

~MARIETTE~

Designer Isabel Toledo

I LIKE IT

isabelle_toledo_0120.jpg

Dizzy

Honestly, I was a bit disappointed by it. She's shown such amazing style throughout the campaign and I think this just fell a little flat. She just doesn't have that "First Lady" look in this that she's had in other appearances.

Her girls, however, were probably the cutest first-children I've seen. They were absolutely precious.

TISH1124

I didn't like it at all...and the green gloves...uggghhh ..But I love her too!!!

I loved what she wore last night on the HBO special

The girls...Priceless!!

rt66chix

I've noticed that she has an affinity for colored gloves as well (remember the purple ones that she wore with the matching scarf?). I really like that she's not stuffy and mixes in pieces that the average woman can wear (i.e. J Crew and White House Black Market), but with that being said, I dont think the color of this outfit was the most flattering for her on a cold winter day. She would've done better with a jewel-tone that popped a bit more against the dreary winter sky.
Overall, I love that the new first lady takes a somewhat light attitude toward fashion and supports the less well-known designers.

MAC 101

Loved her today..She is beautiful,elegant and she dresses appropriately,professionally and according to her age..

L281173

I thought the outfit was fairly cute. Her makeup was way to plain. I wonder what she will be wearing to the inaugural ball.
th_dunno.gif

MsChrys79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC 101
Loved her today..She is beautiful,elegant and she dresses appropriately,professionally and according to her age..

Totally Agree!!!
yes.gif

malteze_bubbleg

i think she looks beautiful in whatever she chooses to wear....everyone has a different style you know....Like someone stated, she put clothes that are approriate for her body type.

TISH1124

I love the Evening gown too...Very elegant and shows her true youthful age...not dated like the earlier outfit...and the fact that she has great arms ...she looked perfect...Love her!

benzito_714

she takes risks with her outfits and i love it.
i asked my husband for leather gloves-hey i have an anniversary and valentine's day coming up so that should be at least two pair!
th_DANCE.gif