MILANI- Depotting?

nphernetton

Hey guys and gals, I've been busy depotting my MAC shadows all day, no problem, but I was curious if any of you had any tips for depotting Milani shadows?

As far as I can tell, there is no plastic instert to pop out as the first step, and the plastic seems pretty thick to melt through. Is this just a matter of patience, or is there a trick to this? Thanks

melozburngr

melt it where the lid snaps together, (opposite the hinge), and while it still soft, push the plastic down with your xacto knife, then melt the underside a bit, and pry the pan from the plastic where you pushed it down.. voila.. more complicated than Mac, but it works
smiles.gif

Eye<3Colour

easiest way to do it. heat it underneath and take a push pin thru the tiny hole on the bottom and push it up. it pops right out!!!

tinkerbell

I just depotted 3 of mine and I used a embossing heat tool. They sell them at craft stores and it really heats the bottom of the pan up. Then when it becomes soft, I push a small tiny screwdriver or an allen wrench thru the little hole in the bottom under the label. I saw this method somewhere onlinw..I just can't remember where and it works great. No open flame etc. It doesn't take too long either. Good luck...

queenc78

After peeling off the label on the bottom, I place the open compact on a foil lined baking pan and heat in the oven for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees. Then I push an eyeglass screw driver through the little hole on the bottom to pop the pan out of the compact (best to do this over a folded towel for some padding). Let the pan cool for a few minutes, label, and put it in a palette!

xiahe

the easiest way to depot a milani e/s is to peel the label off the bottom of the pot, then take a safety pin or thumbtack and push it through the little hole. the amount of glue varies; i've depotted some that didn't require much pushing and others i've depotted required A LOT of force. if only MAC eyeshadows were this easy to depot (but then again, i've noticed that MAC eyeshadows like to use a lot of glue in their pots...)

HTH! ♥

blondebunny76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye<3Colour
easiest way to do it. heat it underneath and take a push pin thru the tiny hole on the bottom and push it up. it pops right out!!!

I agree, this is the easiest way to depot Milani eyeshadow.

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebunny76
I agree, this is the easiest way to depot Milani eyeshadow.

Me 2. I thought I was going to have to use my soldering iron before I peeled the lable back and discovered the little hole.

MiCHiE

After I peeled the label off the bottom, I placed the whole compact on my flatiron (atop a layer of toilet tissue) and poked a pin thru the hole. Easiest depot I've ever done.

ragdolly

what palettes do these fit into...
i don't usually depot eye shadows but if i had a palette they fit, i'd be a bit more intrigued

urbanlilyfairy

Omg before I read this thread I ruined 3 shadows ..then I used the push pin method and voila saved 9 of my other ones haha ..thanks so much for the tip ....it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o easy once the pan is heated ..just push and out they pop .!

Latest posts