Milion Dollar Baby

mac_obsession

Anyone else see this?

If you do I suggest you go wearing NO makeup with a box of tissues...I cried so hard I had no makeup left, and usually can sleep in my makeup and still have it on!

One of the best movies Ive ever seen in my entire life.

charms23

The best movie ever! It definitely deserved to win all the awards it received. I went with my parents so I kept in all my tears, but boy, it was so hard! I definitely recommend it.
thmbup.gif

singinmys0ng

no i have not seen it..one my teachers said it was one of her fav. movies and that its kinda hard to follow?..i heard its good though..

mac_obsession

It was the most heartwrenching beautiful movie Ive ever seen...Im quick to tears in movies but this one had me literally bawling. It was incredible, not just some dumb boxing movie like I thought it would be. Definately a deserving winner of the awards. I posted the following on a movie database...Its long winded but it suits my feelings...

Imagine a scenario where you know someone is dying inside and out, and you can help them, you love them so deeply that the only way to help them is by letting them go, as the old adage states, if you love someone set them free. Imagine if letting them go was as hard as breathing to someone that can no longer support their own lungs.

This film to me, was so painfully beautiful that I don't know if my meager words would even begin to do it justice.

I started out saying, ok a boxing movie, but it won so many awards it has to have some substance. I started watching, loving the characters, loving the clashes between them. I fell deeper into the movie, finding myself swaying with Maggie, whispering beat her beat her. I found her to be inspirational, on so many levels. As I watched throughout the movie, I began to realize what this movie was really about, not boxing, but the bonds that tie us to one another. Those incredibly tight, amazingly short, surprisingly found bonds.

I saw what was there, for what it was. A father who lost a daughter, a daughter who lost a father, both who felt a huge loss for each one. A stubborn old man who didn't want to bother with a girl, then seeing more than just a girl, seeing a woman with more strength than his toughest fighters.

I cannot even begin to explain why this movie is so touching, so heart wrenching, without giving the ending away, or without droning on and on.

I can only say, go see this movie. Buy it when it comes out on DVD, do whatever you need to see it, but don't let it pass because you thought it was just some boxing movie.

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by charms23
hey mac_obsession, great review!

Thank you
smiles.gif
It was very heartfelt. I cried for an hour after the movie heh.