Military ball is next week, but I don't know what to do with my hair and makeup!

ashk36

alright, next week i'm going with a friend to the marine corps ball. i bought this gorgeous purple dress (i've included a link below so you can see what i'm working with), and honestly i never wear purple. i never dress up! i don't know what to do with my hair or makeup. i have very fair skin, hazel eyes, and blond hair. i've added a recent pic. i'm on the right. obviously my friend has no problem with hair or makeup. i've never been good with color coordinating anything. this dress is no exception. i don't even know what color shoes to get. and as far as my hair goes...it's gotten pretty long. it's down the the middle of my back, and i don't know what to do with that mess either. any suggestions would be so appreciated. i'm lost, and i only have until next wednesday to figure it out. thank you all!

here's a link to the dress...

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/...et?view=20&No=20&N=1000930+2010026&R=03385917

and a photo from last week of my friend brandy and i...

Cydonian

You have hazel eyes -- purple will make them look amazing!!

Without knowing what you own, I would honestly recommend the Lust palette from the Wet n Wild color icon line. If it's next week, the palettes are on sale at Walgreens right now for $2.49 (50% off) and if you can't find them there, they're only $3.99 normally. I would do a light wash all over the lid of the matte shade (lightest) and then focus the darker colors in your crease. Black or dark purple liner, smoke it out a bit... will be gorgeous!

If you don't want to do that, I would do something light on the lid, more of a neutral tone, and focus the purple to your liner and crease.

Good luck!

ashk36

thanks for the tips. as far as my makeup collection...well, i don't know whether i should be proud or embarrassed by the ridiculous amount that i have acquired. and i think purple will be my best bet, considering i got a black eye at work the other day!! (dog groomer...i was drying a lhasa apso and he headbutted me in the eye.) and it will definitely NOT be gone by wednesday. any good recommendations as far as a good concealer for nasty bruises? this thing is pretty dark. i was thinking i may stop by sephora in charlotte on the way up to raleigh and pick something up just for my eye. has anyone tried the kat von d tattoo concealer? yeah, here's a pic of the eye. any suggestions to cover up THIS mess would be amazing!!!

Cydonian

I've read the tattoo concealer is utter crap... the only recommendations I can make is the MUFE Full Cover (I think that's the name, it's in a tube) or the Estee Lauder Full Coverage concealers. I've only used the EL one on a client and she had some serious dark circles, close to looking like bruises, and you couldn't see them at all when I got done. It's serious stuff!

Latest posts