military ball + MAC paint

xiahe

hey everyone! i've got a couple of questions for you guys...

i'm going to this military ball event *THIS* friday. my dress is simple - it's a long black/white halter so it's nice and sleek (not poofy or anything). what should i do for my makeup? and what about hair? i'm not getting an updo or anything (this isn't prom!)...i was thinking about just leaving it down and maybe pinning the front up (kind of like here: http://image01.ctvdigital.com/images...howpg_main.jpg lol) or maybe doing the same thing and scrunching it? but...how do you scrunch hair??? lol

and another question...how long do MAC paints last? i bought bare canvas my junior year of high school (i'm now a sophomore in college! lol) and i still have a lot left...and idk how it's supposed to smell. i "tested" it on my wrist and it seems okay, no change in texture or anything...but i was just wondering before i put it on my eyelids and have some terrible, TERRIBLE reaction.

here are some pics of me for reference:

n39115207_32287800_8755.jpg

n39115207_32710193_8127.jpg

n39115824_32424248_9765.jpg

n39115824_32424204_3027.jpg

the last 2 pictures are from my sorority formal - i liked my hair, but i didn't...it was really poofy on the sides imo (but later that night it "mellowed" out and it looked better lol - should i do this again? or other suggestions? BTW I'M HAIR RETARDED LOL.)

thanks, everyone!

Amaranth

The Tila Tequila hair looks hot! I think that would be a great combo.

The MAC Paints are supposedly 12 hour wear, though I find I can wear them for much MUCH longer and my lids are pretty oily. As for how long they last in the tube, there's usually a little container with a number next to it on the packaging that tells you how many months it's good for...and I can't find it on any of my paints. That being said, what usually makes make-up go bad (though they can go bad on their own too) is bacteria getting inside. Why lipsticks and glosses don't last too long, you constantly rub them against your lips. The Paint tubes are pretty well sealed though, so unless you cracked the tube or managed to take some out and put it back in (I've managed to do it before...it's difficult but possible), it should be fine. It sounds like it is. If you put it on your wrist and nothing happens, then you should be fine.

MACATTAK

I agree with the above. Your paint should be fine as you just take some from the top. I've had some for years & they are still good
smiles.gif

Amaranth

PS I would like to add that I have a Mauvism Paint that's still perfectly fine. And they haven't made that one in...how long?