Mineralize Blushes....what brush do you use???

HOTasFCUK

Hey i just started using some of MAC's minerlaize blushes (i think they are my new love!) and i was wondering what brush do you use? I tried using a regualr blush brush but i find it goes on to harshly so i'm thinking i need to use a 187/skunk brush but i think its too big. I'm thinking of getting a mini 187 se which i think will be better. What do you guys use? And do other companies besides MAC make a mini skunk or stippling brush? Please let me know THANKS!!!

Susanne

Depends on the result you want.

If you want a light application, use the 129. For a deeper colour use the 187.

kittykit

I use #188 or #131 (it's my everyday brush for blushes)
smiles.gif

Junkie

I use QUO's bronzer brush - its a duo fibre skunk brush, but the bristles aren't as densely packed as the 187, though they are the same in size.

Shoppers will have them as low as $12+ on their 40% off QUO item days.

I use Merrily with it
smiles.gif
Works perfectly. I dot it on and then swirl with the brush itself or pick up a new clean rounded blush brush to blend if I don't wanna overdue it with the application.

smellyocheese

I use the 188 dupe from Silk Naturals. Called the Fiber Optic Blush Brush or something like that. Less than 6 dollars and it works really well!

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
I use QUO's bronzer brush - its a duo fibre skunk brush, but the bristles aren't as densely packed as the 187, though they are the same in size.

Shoppers will have them as low as $12+ on their 40% off QUO item days.

I use Merrily with it
smiles.gif
Works perfectly. I dot it on and then swirl with the brush itself or pick up a new clean rounded blush brush to blend if I don't wanna overdue it with the application.

I have the same Quo brush (2 actually) for my MSF's. LOL the reason i posted this too was because i have merrily but i'm almost scared to use it since it so pigmentated and i'm scared i'll apply it horribly!

summerblue

I like a 131 type brush. I don't have the 131, but I do have the aromaleigh.com's version of the brush which is made with the same silk fibers. As a matter-fact, this was the prototype for the 131, & I'm fairly certain that the brush company that distributes these brushes to aromaleigh also makes Enkore's brushes, but he switched over from silk fiber to synthetic bristles (like the Sigma SS168) & I don't like the application a synthetic gives. Aromaleigh periodically runs 20 or 25%-off on these brushes so I have 2 that cost me a little more than 1/2 of what the 131 retails for & shipping was only $3.xx. Naturally, I prefer the handle on the 131 rather than just a generic brush handle like Enkore's & aromaleigh's, but the brushes do a wonderful job & since I owned them prior to the release of the 131 I couldn't justify spending $40. I also love this 131 style for contouring under the cheekbones & applying highlighter on the upper cheekbones. It's also great for a light application of bronzer.

I also have coastalscents black-handled stippling brush ($7.99, I think) & MAC's 187. Naturally, MAC's is made much nicer than coastalscents, but you can't beat the CS price. I haven't had any shedding issues with the coastalscents brush.

HTH!
smiles.gif

vintageroses

I use a blush brush but i tap it on VERY lightly so i don't look like a glitter ball after! haha & remember to TAP THE EXCESS OFF TOO! :) hope it helps!
greengrin.gif

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I have the same Quo brush (2 actually) for my MSF's. LOL the reason i posted this too was because i have merrily but i'm almost scared to use it since it so pigmentated and i'm scared i'll apply it horribly!

Haha, it scared me too. But if you dot it, its not bad.

summerblue

You know, HaF, all the brushes the gals mentioned work well; it's just a matter of preference. I've used the 116 & the 138 to apply as well. I'd love to have the 109, but the shedding on this brush would drive me nuts! After I apply any mineralized blush, I use a stiff Cornell-Lowe Fan 32 brush (green handle) in size 8 (from AC Moore) to remove the excess glitter particles.

Edit - Oops! s/b Loew-Cornelle not Cornell-Lowe.

geeko

I use the 116 to apply ALL my powder blushers including msfs and mineralized blushers.

For creme blushers, i use the 188