Mineralize Eye Shadow Refresh

itching2snitch

I'm surprised no one's talked about this yet (or did I miss the thread??)

Release Date: February 16
Price: $20 USD /$24 CAD

Mineralize Eye Shadow (Duo)

Love Connection - Pale beige with gold and blue veining / Warm gold (frost)
Fresh & Mint* - White with silver and green veining / Icy green (frost)
Water & Ice* - Creamy peach with blue and silver veining / Sterling silver (frost)
Joy & Laughter* - Mid-tone pink with hot pink and charcoal grey veining / Icy Pink (frost)
Sweet & Sour* - Mid-tone gold with green and deep blue veining / Warm gold (frost)

Mineralize Eye Shadow (Single Mélange)

Gilt By Association - Mineralize black with gold bronze pearlized pigments (frost)
Young Punk - Mineralize black with pinkish purple pearlized pigments (frost)
Blue Flame - Mineralize black with blue pearlized pigments (frost)
Cinderfella - Mineralize black with silver pearlized pigments (frost)
Smutty Green* - Cream/Warm Green/Black veining (frost)

* indicates a new shade

Now....let's talk!

Smutty Green is TO DIE FOR if you like deep greens and Humid eyeshadow.. it's sooooooooo gorgeous!

All the Style Black MES re-promotes are even better than the first release... if that was even possible! They are MUCH MORE sparkly & glittery! I was actually stunned when I swatched, which is rare for me with a re-promote. Even when you look at the MES in the packaging, they all have a lot of silvery streaks in them (that the originals did NOT have), which is what makes them super sparkly this time around. MES Refreshed, indeed!

I have all of these already and will be getting all 4 of them again :( Life is so unfair when you are MAC-dicted. smh

I was so mesmerized by the single MES that I didn't even glance over at the Duos lol sigh. Guess we'll all have to wait together on that one!

Until next time! :)

Yazmin

I swatched these a little over a week ago and the standouts for me were Gilt By Associate, Joy & Laughter, Cinderfella and Blue Flame. I'm going to have to go back and swatch the others again to see if I really want them or not. The one I'm most excited about is GBA!

itching2snitch

I swatched these a little over a week ago and the standouts for me were Gilt By Associate, Joy & Laughter, Cinderfella and Blue Flame. I'm going to have to go back and swatch the others again to see if I really want them or not. The one I'm most excited about is GBA!

Did you notice they were more sparkly too?? I didn't love GBA the first time around, but now? ha... I'm all over it.

Yazmin

They are definitely more sparkly, particularly Smutty Green. That applied the most unevenly for me when I swatched it. I found GBA to apply more smoothly - the color is just gorgeous! I definitely backing that baby up!

Pinkdollface

I swatched some of these a couple of days ago at my counter. The Water & Ice one and Smutty Green were really nice and so was the green part of Sweet & Sour. I didn't try any others. I think i will get some of these, but there's no rush.

martiangurll

Water and Ice and Smutty Green sound intriguing. Luckily I can see IRL before I commit the cash. TY for the color story!!!

lmcmullen

I saw these tonight at my freestanding store. They weren't on the floor yet, but were being put out tommorrow.They're VERY glittery. I had been interested in Smutty Green and Fresh Mint but after seeing them they're a pass for me. Too much glitter for my sensitive eye and old eyelids LOL.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I saw these tonight at my freestanding store. They weren't on the floor yet, but were being put out tommorrow.They're VERY glittery. I had been interested in Smutty Green and Fresh Mint but after seeing them they're a pass for me. Too much glitter for my sensitive eye and old eyelids LOL.

Uh-oh... I don't mind some glittery-ness, but too much has a nasty tendency to gather in crow's feet. I already have Young Punk and Gilt By Association... I'd still like to see how Smutty Green looks, but if it's too frosty, I'm afraid I'll have to pass...

lmcmullen

Katred, definitely go check them out in person rather than buying them online, to check out the- glitter factor. The MUA didn't let me play with them (they were behind the register, she was de-boxing them), but even from where I stood I could see the bright glitter in the black ones.

The duos were less so, but I persuaded her to swatch Fresh Mint on her hand and the sparkle was very evident in that too. I had been hoping for more of the smooth sheen like the Naturally MESs had.

I really like the older Sage & Wisdom duo I have (I'm a total grey-green eyeshadow ho LOL), was thinking of maybe getting some more of the older ones before they go away. They're much more suited to my age and what my eyes can deal with.

Teggy

I am now the proud owner of Cinderfella and Young Punk. *eyes water with pride*

I have to agree with lmcmullen that they are very glittery (which personally, I like a lot). I have the original Gilt By Association and it was more shimmer than glitter. I was impressed at the amount of color I got just patting them dry on my hands. I did swatch Blue Flame and Smutty Green, but I have a feeling that they look VERY similar to the She Who Dares duo from the Venomous Villains collection. So before I buy them, I want to bring SWD with me to compare.

itching2snitch

I am now the proud owner of Cinderfella and Young Punk. *eyes water with pride*

I have to agree with lmcmullen that they are very glittery (which personally, I like a lot). I have the original Gilt By Association and it was more shimmer than glitter. I was impressed at the amount of color I got just patting them dry on my hands. I did swatch Blue Flame and Smutty Green, but I have a feeling that they look VERY similar to the She Who Dares duo from the Venomous Villains collection. So before I buy them, I want to bring SWD with me to compare.
lol nice!

Okay I'm glad you could see they are much more glittery/shimmery than the first release. I wasn't sure if my eyes were deceiving me when I swatched them.

martiangurll

They are definitely more sparkly, particularly Smutty Green. That applied the most unevenly for me when I swatched it. I found GBA to apply more smoothly - the color is just gorgeous! I definitely backing that baby up!
This sounds like a deal breaker. Did you use a base like UDPP or TFSI? What about a PP or try Fix to smooth it out???

Yazmin

^^I didn't use any type or primer or base. I'm going back to the Pro store tomorrow and plan to swatch everything again just to be sure. I didn't have that problem with Cinderfella, Joy & Laughter or GBA MES - can't remember the others on my list as my MA has it to hold them for me.

PixieDancer

I did some swatching at my counter tonight. I'll post later tonight. The green one is just gorgeous! It is very shimmery but it seems concentrated enough to be even. Not chunky glitter. With a good primer (TF Glitter Glue is my rec) I wouldn't imagine they would be too problematic. But if you are averse to high shimmer/glitter, these would be a pass for you...

MACina

I ordered a few of these and can not wait to play to them!

I am very curious about Smutty Green....I love Dark Indulgence from SP and I think that this could be close.Maybe
a little lighter....

PixieDancer

Top Left: Cinderfella
Top Right: Blue Flame
Bottom: Young Punk on the left & Gilt By Association on the right

THESE IMAGES ARE FOR THE ENJOYMENT AND REFERENCE OF SPECKTRA MEMBERS ONLY! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE THEM, PLEASE ASK FOR PERMISSION AND LINK BACK TO THIS THREAD!! THANK YOU!!

PixieDancer

Smutty Green
This was my favorite shade of all 5 new single shades! It swatched SO pigmented and beautiful!

THESE IMAGES ARE FOR THE ENJOYMENT & REFERENCE OF SPECKTRA MEMBERS ONLY! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE THEM, PLEASE ASK FOR PERMISSION AND LINK BACK TO THIS THREAD! THANK YOU!!