mineralize satinfinish fluid vs. studio fix

semtexgirl

I use Mineralize Satinfinish right now with no complaints but I'm reading posts here about Studio Fix Fluid and wondering how they differ (ie. finish, coverage, staying power, etc.). I don't currently use a primer, but I will be picking up Prep + Prime Skin and Prep + Prime Lip veeeerrry soon. Thank ya!

MisStarrlight

Studio Fix Fluid is a matte finish, Mineralize Satinfinish is much more dewy & water based.

For me, I cannot get Mineralize to work w/o a primer...it feathers up all over the place on me & I have really good skin (in the winter-normal to dry). With a primer & powder it looks pretty good, but it's a lot of work.
Studio Fix Fluid is what I wear nearly every day...it has pretty good coverage & stays on all day (& night when necessary)...I never touch up my foundation & always get tons of compliments.

However, my opinion is a bit biased, considering that I am not really a "dewy" person....I probably never would have tried Mineralize Satinfinish if I didn't have to.

yummy411

this may not clarify but i agree that satinfinish is more dewy, which i love cuz i'm a dewy person, preferring the dewy look.. it has little shimmer particles in it. i use with a primer. it seems natural to me and not too hard to work with. i have decent skin (no dry patches, not too oily)

amoona

Like it's been said before it really depends on the look you're going for. SSF is going to give you more coverage and it's a different finish. If you're not sure you can always go to the counter and have someone test it out on you so you can see if you like the finish and coverage.

Latest posts