Mineralize Satinfinish, yay or nay?

rachybloom

When I was picking up a Sonic Chic blush, I felt inspired to try a sample of the Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation. I've only tried MAC foundation once (the old HyperReal) so I dont have a whole lot of experience with it. The store was super busy (and my impatient boyfriend was with me :p) and the MA just kind of grabbed a bottle that was similar to my skin without matching my skin first. I'm very fair skinned and she def. got a color too dark for me (NW20, I haven't bought MAC foundation in four years so I have no idea what color I'd be but I'd guess more likely NC 15). I haven't been able to really test my sample out because I don't want that "mask" effect from too dark foundation, but is this a good foundation? On the website it says it's good for dry skin, which I definitely have. My skin is acne prone and extremely dry, regardless of the season. Foundations tend to get cakey on me so I have to be extremely careful when choosing them. Can anybody help me decide if this is a good foundation to use for my skin type, if it is long wearing, and if it provides a natural look?
Last, is the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural a good powder to use in conjunction with this? I don't have bad skin, minus the dry factor, (only stress related zits every couple of weeks) so I don't need anything too heavy, but I don't get a lot of sleep so sometimes it tends to look very tired and dull. Would these two products be too heavy? I just want something that will work well with my dry skin, without breaking me out, and provide luminosity to my skin with sheer-medium coverage. Phew! thanks :]

sofabean

i use mineralize satinfinish and the MA recommended it to me because I have really dry skin. on some days after I moisturize, the foundation blends right in and you can't see any lines or anything, but some days you can (I guess when my skin is a little drier). If I were you, I'd try the sample out even if it's too dark (you can do it at home when no one is watching lol) and just see if you like the texture and if it dries out your face or not.

sweetface

i was matched for it, and it looked great but it broke me out so i didn't buy it (i had a sample as well)

rachybloom

Thanks girls, I tried the sample out yesterday when I was lounging around in my house to see how it held up. I decided to go buy it today and just keep the receipt if it does break me out because I did like the finish of it.
greengrin.gif
thanks again

Tinkee-Belle

Nay.... it broke me out something fierce! I had horrible cystic ance for months after that! Also none of the colors matched, either too pink or too yellow

MAC_mallory

yay! this is the only MAC foundation that works for me, and I use it with mineralized skin finish natural over it, and it works great.