Minerals & Self Tan

Baby Mac

Hello everyone
smiles.gif

I have very very pale skin and always wear a self tan on my face and body..it turns my pale white skin a light golden shade. Do i buy my minerals in the shade my skin turns with the self tan on?

I would like my face colour to match my body colour..one lady suggested i buy minerals to match my pale skin and use a bronzer..however the bronzer colours dont match my golden tan...so do i buy minerals in the shade of my skin with instant tan on??

Thankyou for any help you can offer
winkiss.gif

wolfsong

I'd get the shade you tan, if you're consistent in regards to colour. You can always buy one of those kits that gives you a choice of shades - or just buy two (i think everyday minerals has a pickamix set with a couple of foundations of your choosing), and get one that is perfect for you when tanned, and one that is perfect when natural. This way you can mix them together when your colouring fluctuates or use them separately, depending on your present skin colour.
Your face should be the same colour as your neck, so maybe go by that rule so that it all looks natural
smiles.gif

If everyday minerals is the company you choose, you can get a free sample kit (you pay $5 for shipping, and it includes 3 generous samples of foundation, one colour corrector/concealer and a blush) here:
Custom Mineral Makeup Kits - Everyday Minerals

Fyrinnae and Pure Luxe have great foundations also, that look more natural IMO than EDM. You can get nice sized samples from their respective websites. I cant comment on any other companies, as i have yet to try them.

On the topic of bronzer, its meant to mimic the natural glow that the sun gives you and provide a touch of colour to places that the sun would hit the most. Most (if not all) bronzers will make you look fake, brown/orange and metallic if you try to use then in lieu of the correct shade of foundation.

HTH