Mini Burger Cupcakes: Need Help/Ideas!

kaliraksha

I've been charged with making these
burgercupcakes.jpg

this weekend.

I need ideas!
I figure vanilla cake tops and bottoms, really chocolatey chocolate "meats" (chocolatier= darker), and frosting w/ food coloring for rest. Oh, and sesame seeds for added effect.

But, I would love to make it more realistic... can you guys think of ways I can put other hamburger toppings on it? Maybe pickles, tomatoes, onions?

Also, what do you guys think on the flavoring? The idea of vanilla cake and chocolate cake sounds so boring to me.

Thank you all!

RedRibbon

You could make pickles, tomatoes and onions out of maybe icing?

I think for tomatoes you might have to have the icing really thin as otherwise it will be too sugary, for onions you could just have like thin crescent moon shapes and pickles would just be small penny sized bits of icing.

You could use dessicated coconut as the sesame seeds?

kaliraksha

Thank you, RedRibbon. From your coconut idea I got the idea to "dye" a little light green and pile it up for lettuce. Thanks again!

kaliraksha

Mine didn't turn out so well. But I will post a pic of my attempt later today once I upload it. They were adorable... I made sugar cookies into french fries too for the full meal.

Sushi~Flower

Those are really cute
smiles.gif
I might try rolled fondant for the lettuce, tomato and cheese. You can buy it at Walmart in the cake decorating isle.Wilton makes it
winks.gif

kaliraksha

I've lost my cupcake photos =/

Just wanted to let everyone know I haven't forgotten... they just seem to be missing for now.

Latest posts