Mini Meltdown

yummy411

sorry to hear that. i would be pissed too! any way to recreate it for your anniversary.. in lieu of the real deal?

Tubachick02

If it was still "cool" it can be saved unless you had a wipped cream filling, put it in the freezer again, the defrost slloowwwllyy like a super cold fridge and pat dry with paper towels

coachkitten

A similar thing happened to my sister and the bakery that she got the cake from made her a duplicate for a small fee.
I am sorry that happened but maybe that would work!
smiles.gif

amoona

Ok I'm not trying to downsize your problem but I'm a lil confused. Why have you been freezing your cake for so long?

Another Janice!

^ It's a tradition where you save the top tier of your wedding cake for your first anniversary.

FWIW...we saved ours in a special tub made for that purpose...and lemme tell ya what...it tasted like shit on our anniversary!

giz2000

I did that as well...the top tier of the cake was wrapped in at least 15 alternating layers of foil and newspaper (the hotel where we had our reception did that for us) and my mom froze it for 1 year. I have to say, the cake tasted exactly the same as it did 1 year prior.

I hope you were able to salvage the cake...or you can start a new tradition by baking a new cake with your husband...that might be fun 9in more ways than one!)

blueyedlady87

sorry about the cake hun! i would be pissed too.

gross-ish story- At my mom and 'real' dad's wedding they had these chocolate molded roses on sticks (it was the 80s, lol!). My mom freezed the leftovers and we ate them a few years ago, they were like 16 frickn years old! i don't even know how or why but they tasted sooooo good. lol, i'm surprised we didn't get sick.

Bybs

You'd think that they would realise how special it was to you and package it appropriately for shipping.

MAC is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlady87
sorry about the cake hun! i would be pissed too.

gross-ish story- At my mom and 'real' dad's wedding they had these chocolate molded roses on sticks (it was the 80s, lol!). My mom freezed the leftovers and we ate them a few years ago, they were like 16 frickn years old! i don't even know how or why but they tasted sooooo good. lol, i'm surprised we didn't get sick.

hahahaha
rofl.gif
omg..that's disgusting! to the OP, i would have been super pissed too! go track her down & throw the melted cake in her face.
lol.gif
(jk!!)

YvetteJeannine

I understand your feelings but ya know what? That cake would have tasted like a piece of cardboard (with the flavors of the freezer in it) Honestly you probably would have been dissapointed anyway

You have pics of the cake and you have your memories: don"t worry about raunchy ass old wedding cake
smiles.gif
Enjoy your anniversary with some "new" cake and Dom Perignon and strawberries!

Latest posts