mink 3d make up printer

breatheonbeat

guys, this became a real thing:

http://www.businessinsider.com/mink-3d-prints-makeup-2014-5#!K9BZs

a lot of people have heard about 3d printers, but this girl adapted the technology for makeup. apparently you can choose from different bases and just print the color.

i think i'd be worried about the quality of the shadow (even though you can pick your base) but what do you guys think about it?

niccig

guys, this became a real thing:

http://www.businessinsider.com/mink-3d-prints-makeup-2014-5#!K9BZs

a lot of people have heard about 3d printers, but this girl adapted the technology for makeup. apparently you can choose from different bases and just print the color.

i think i'd be worried about the quality of the shadow (even though you can pick your base) but what do you guys think about it?
I think this sounds like an amazing idea in theory, but I'm pretty sure there's no way it's going to match the quality of higher end stuff that already exists. I'm concerned about the quality of the powder that's used as the substrate too, and I don't see how you're going to get shimmer or more complex colors, at least not as it's described now. But I'm really interested to see how it plays out!

breatheonbeat

I think this sounds like an amazing idea in theory, but I'm pretty sure there's no way it's going to match the quality of higher end stuff that already exists. I'm concerned about the quality of the powder that's used as the substrate too, and I don't see how you're going to get shimmer or more complex colors, at least not as it's described now. But I'm really interested to see how it plays out!
that was my thought too. i wonder if the bases will take that into account at all? perhaps a shimmer base, etc?

but then i wondered -- will it be ds quality? urban decay? and then some colors don't seem to bind well to the base, or end up being chalky, so wouldn't that come into play as well?

it's $300. i hope someone ends up owning one.
i have noticed a lot of issues with regular 3d printers- a lot of logistical things. it will be something like the image doesn't open correctly for the printer, resulting in a tiny tiny printout, or a printout that the pieces don't connect correctly.

i understand that this prints colors rather than shapes, but i wonder if it would actually be as easy as select a color and print.