missing an item from an order?

notmyhand

I just opened up my package from MAC that came in yesterday and noticed I was missing the Gold Stroke pigment fom it. Sure enough, on the order sheet it listed it but it was nowhere to be found in the package. I took pictures of the package and all of its insides and contacted MAC via e-mail and now I'm waiting. Anyone else have this problem? How did it turn out? I really do not want to have to pay for something I did not receive.

lsperry

Not to worry. I buy 99% of my MAC online and MAC pro items through the 1-800#. If an item is missing, damaged or I was sent the wrong thing, I call the 1-800# to ask for a replacement. They ship it to you overnight express.

Recently one of the pan es I ordered from MACpro was broken. They sent a replacement.
This pass summer, they sent me a passionate es instead of the correct one. They told me to keep the passionate and they sent me a replacement overnight.
Earlier this year my order was short a brush. They sent me a replacement overnight, too.

I've never contacted them through e-mail. I've always picked up the phone and called; they're so friendly.

hth

prinzessin784

call them. they'll fix it
smiles.gif

karinaf

I've emailed and they've always emailed me back and sent me what i wanted right away. They have even sent me wrong extra items before, and when I told them about that they tell me to keep it. Who am I to turn down free mac?

thelove4tequila

Yup this has happened to me aswell. I just called up MAC and they sent me my 3, yes THREE missing pigments. I didn't have any problems with customer service either. Good luck.

purrtykitty

Hasn't happened to me with MAC, but it has happened to me a couple of different times with Sephora. Both companies have great customer service, so you should get it in no time!

astronaut

I just bought a brush from the MAC website. I'm at my parent's house with no car for over a month. I really wanted the brush so I figured I'd just order it online. I'm really anal with picking out brushes and this one came with messed up bristles
ssad.gif
Do you think it would be considered 'damaged'? I'm not happy with it that's for sure...

MACATTAK

^^ I'm sure it would be, though I don't think you really need a reason to return it. It says on the back of one of my online receipts that you can return if you are not "completely satisfied."

Angelah

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I just bought a brush from the MAC website. I'm at my parent's house with no car for over a month. I really wanted the brush so I figured I'd just order it online. I'm really anal with picking out brushes and this one came with messed up bristles
ssad.gif
Do you think it would be considered 'damaged'? I'm not happy with it that's for sure...

It probably wouldn't be a problem to get a replacement but what do you mean by the bristles were messed up? Were they sort of misshaped? Because you can fix if really easily by cleaning it and the reshaping the brush and leave it to dry. Sometimes when the package is being shipped, the bristles get smashed a little bit, but nothing brush cleanser won't fix
greengrin.gif

lethaldesign

I had an entire $200 package go missing. Granted, it was probably UPS' fault. But MAC overnighted me a new package.

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
ssad.gif

I had a brush come with "bent" bristles & they replaced it. Half of the bristles were literally folded down so it wasn't useable. Looked like it was damaged during packaging. HTH!

MAC_Whore

I wouldn't email. Sometimes they are timely with their email responses, other times it dies in the cyber junkpile. Just call them. Here are the numbers. Besides, if you are waiting on an LE item, it might sell out before they email back.

I wouldn't be bothered to take pics. It is their mistake. You shouldn't be inconvenienced.

stjarna

I once had a whole MAC order taken off the front of my house because they didnt ask for a signature and left it n my front door during the day when i was at work! I had to get them to resend me one because I paid over 200 dollars for my first order and someone swiped it! They said it was delivered and everything but it definitely wasnt my fault i wasnt there when they shipped! i thought theyd send it to a post office if no one was there to pick up the purchase!

i cried! but they eventually resent me everything but i was still worried the same thing wuld happen again.. it didnt tho
smiles.gif
thankfully

so just contact them dont worry it will work out!