Missing my "babies"!

anita22

So, I am moving to the UK in about ten weeks (eek!), and have just begun the process of moving my things over so they are there when I arrive. My husband just flew over there tonight (
ssad.gif
), so I got him to take most of my makeup in his suitcase as it's heavy and I don't want to mail it!

Anyway, so now I am looking at the pitiful amount left over and feeling very uninspired by it... I always look forward to doing my makeup every day and having so many colours to choose from and creating new looks, and now I'm already pining for some of the items I sent! (Also my husband... I miss him too!
tong.gif
)

So, how do you all manage when you're far, far away from your favourite makeup items for months at a time? Do you cave in and buy more? Get creative with what you have? Or just do the same faces every day?

P.S. I hope this doesn't make me sound too materialistic... The makeup and maybe some of my clothes & sentimental items are the only "things" I am particularly attached to!

Kayteuk

I have just shipped most of my MAC to the USA because I am changing where I study.
I took photos of all my mac before i went and tried to do a "traincase" thread. Next thing i know everything crashes and my PC wont start, lost all my photos and my make up is in limbo! :-(
I know how you feel, I only have a Stowaways quad, 1 dazzleglass and some concealor and a bit of blush.

I see where your coming from, I feel so uninspired at my lack of colour!

Holy Rapture

Haha ...
tong.gif
Your post is nothing short of cute
yes.gif
Well, g'luck for being without your DH
thmbup.gif
Don't worry ... Few weeks and you'll be with him
th_DANCE.gif
As for the MU, well, I would've honestly played around with whatever was left with me. Since you already mentioned that carrying it is a trouble, it'd be better not to buy more (you could do that once you're there
winks.gif
- a treat for not giving into temptation!). Try different looks every day. I bet even with a couple of items, you'll be able to create LOADS of different looks. You'll do well
th_hug.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemba
Anita you have the perfect excuse for a massive haul!

Hahaha... this is what worries me - now that hubby isn't here, I am free to shop for as much MAC as I want and he'll never know!
th_DANCE.gif

I think I will probably end up buying 2-3 small items just so I feel like I have some new stuff to play with (there's a few things I want from BBR, which hasn't launched here yet), but without going crazy. Like Holy Rapture said, it's probably best if I don't have too much to carry over!

rouquinne

you think that's bad.... i moved into my new house at the end of September and i still CANNOT FIND my lipstick case!

it has 22 of my most rare MAC lippies and i'm pretty sure i've unpacked every box that was supposed to go in the bathroom/dressing room!

cry.gif

franimal

I know what you mean. When I moved home from college I had to put EVERYTHING in storage b/c I was sleeping on my parents couch. I eventually ended up caving and just stored everything in my car. It was a good chance to think about everything I missed and to think of new combinations. It helped me to realize all the items I have and which ones get neglected. When I got everything back I realized how much I can't live without my makeup.

rouquinne

omigawd! guys - i FOUND my lipstick case!!!!

yesterday, i made a concerted effort to tear the house apart and looked in every box that hadn't yet been opened and there it was in a box marked to go in the guest bath downstairs instead of my master bath upstairs!

i am SO RELIEVED!!!!

greengrin.gif

anita22

^ I'm glad you found your lipstick case!!

Well apparently my "babies" all made it to the UK safe & sound (husband included). So now I have plenty to look forward to when I arrive!