Mixing Medium Eyeliner

Ode to Joy

Debatting if I should splurge on this product. There are so many Eyeliner Sealents and recipes for DIY Mixing Mediums - does this one from MAC stand out? How easy is it to work with? Can you compare the consistency of the finished artice to any product like HIP Gel Liners, MAC Fluidline and so on- which one does it come close to?

TIA!!
specktra_rocks.gif

LMD84

i've not used any other eyeliner mixing mediums but i do have the mac one. honestly i don't think it's anything like a fluidline when you've mixed it. it does make pigments go on very smoothly as eyeliner though which is what i use it for. however the main thing i use it for is getting the mac glitters to stick
smiles.gif

Ode to Joy

Thank you! How is it not similar to Fluidline, can you compare?
Fluidline was way to creamy on me, smudged easily...

LMD84

well the eyeliner mixing medium does not smudge at all one me. i can rub my eye and it still stays where it should be! although fluidlines don't tend to crease so much on me either... i guess it depends on how oily your lids are. the one thing i would say though is that if you have sensitive skin it may not be a good idea. the first time i used it my eyes were stinging so much i had to wash it off. i use alot less of it now so it doesn't really sting.

i also don't find it easy to spred on my eyes like a fluidline. with a fluidline i just draw it on because it spreds itself out but this doesn't and i have to keep re-dipping.
smiles.gif

sedated_xtc

...hi everybody, i just got a tube of this stuf and I absolutely love the idea of it but Im not realy sure how to use it...as in, I've tried it a couple times but it comes out way too thin but if i add more pigment/glitter to it, it ends up looking realy clumpy...

for those of you that have used it successfully, how did you do it?!?!?! share your secrets!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts