Mixing pigments and eyeshadows??

amandamakeup

I just came up with an idea...havent tried it yet..but was wondering if anyone has done this..I need a black shiny eyeshadow for the weekend and wont be able to get to mac to get a dark pigment...so Im wondering....if i take some of my coco pigment and some black eyeshadow (crubled up of course) do you think it would look decent? I dont know why im posting cause I know im gonna try it anyways...probably when i get off the computer..but anyways..if anyones ever tried something like this...let me know!

midnightlouise

Moved to recs so you can hopefully get some great ideas on how to accomplish your goal!
smiles.gif

Anyway, I haven't tried this on purpose lol! but it sounds like it might turn out all right! Since they're both pretty dark it ought to keep it from looking muddy. Let us all know how it looks, maybe post a FOTD using your technique!

bluegrassbabe

Never tried it, but I have an idea. I don't know what these things are called, but they are usually in the housewares/kitchen dept. at any big stores. They are a small silver tool with loads of little divets used for crushing meal, flour, spices, etc. I think it would work well with what you are trying to do. I've never tried mixing the piggies with e/s, but I have mixed pigments together with varying results. Some of the frosty shades are hard to mix together. Sometimes you end up with a muddy color unless you can find a way to crush them really finely, and these little things work great for this purpose.
If any more domestically oriented ladies know what the heck this thing is called, please post it.

bluegrassbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucipinkbabydoll
are you talking about a garlic presser?

That is probably what it is. I saw it at the store and thought it would be good for crushing makeup powders, thats all I have ever used it for. I have no idea what to do with it in the kitchen, lol.

caffn8me

How about using a pestle and mortar;

They've been used by chemists to grind powders for thousands of years and can certainly turn an eye shadow into a powder.

You may not need to do that though. If you have a black eye shadow and apply is wet you won't need to grind it up to get the intensity you want unless you really need to mix it with an existing pigment. I'd suggest that you try using the black wet as a base and use Coco on top and see if that gives you the desired effect before you go smushing up your eye shadow. To get a shiny effect put some lip gloss (or M·A·C Gloss) on top of the shadow after it's been applied.

amandamakeup

thanks for all the advise...not sure about the garlic presser though
smiles.gif
lol kiddin.
Ill let you all know how it turns out.
toodles!
Amanda

Latest posts