Mom/control freak rant!

QueenBam

UGHHHH so last friday i drove an HOUR out to my friends house to do her makeup for prom.
She's really pretty.... good skin, wide almond eyes, high cheekbones but a round face.
Her dress was just white and black, no silver or anything else, so i went with an off white and charcoal smokey look, and a medium pink lip.

everything was cool, until her mom got there... started asking me questions "why didn't you put sparkles on her cheeks, why didn't you make her eyeliner thicker, why didn't you cover her breakouts (she didn't have breakouts!!!)" and i just kept explaining to her that i was trying to work with her features, not try to cover her face up with gunky makeup.

so when im nearing the end of the application, she basically brings out HER makeup and starts smothering stuff on... dabbed a TON of glitter on the apples of her cheeks (i had contoured them because my friend has a kind of chubby face, so thanks mom for ruining that) and started buffing TONSSSSSSS of powder on top of everything, and then after i had lined and filled her lips, added lipstick and glossed them, she went ahead and added pro-longwear color on top!!! of course this ruined the whole thing, as her lips got all messed up, and it got outside her liner so that was ruined too.... UGH!!!! before i left i took a photo and i had put a photofinish primer under her face and used a foundation that wasn't reflective cause i knew that she would be taking tons of photos and i didn't want her to come up all white or shiny. well, mom ruined that too, with all the powder.

what's up with that! Seriously, HOW RUDE. i came here to do yall a favor, didn't charge you, and then you just pretty much go over me and start doing your own thing-- why did you even ask me to come then?
i never do free makeup... and i did this because it was my friend... but it just reminded me of WHY i stopped doing TFP/CD or whatever.

has anyone been in this situation? i know my boss is going crazy cause her mom is trying to control all aspects of her wedding and MANNNN that lady is driving her absolutely insane. control freaks!

LMD84

oh man! that poor girl! how did she feel about her mother taking over and applying godoness knows what make up on her?! if it were me i would have gone mad and told my mum to back off! and congrats to you for not telling the mum to bugger off!!

luckily my own mum isn't controlling like that. my granny can be though which is frustrating. nick's mum is very controlling but she's a whole different story all together!

foxxylatina07

Oh wow that was very rude of her. Obviously you were there for a reason. Didn't your friend say anything to her mom? I'm sorry this happened to you. I say if she wanted all of that she should've done her daughter's makeup. Geesh I can't believe people would do things like that. Thank God I'm not a mua because I would've snapped at her real quick lol.

QueenBam

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxylatina07
Didn't your friend say anything to her mom?

No, but her sisters kept giggling everytime she pulled something out. and then mom would try to say something like "its translucent powder! its see-through"
no bitch, its not see-through when you cake it on
nonono.gif
. LEAVE!!! ughhhh i was so irritated with this woman.

rutiene

Eugh, that sounds like a nightmare. I wouldn't take it out on your friend and no longer do her make up for free though. Just don't do it with her mother around.

BEA2LS

wow, i feel bad for your friend, whose pictures were ruined
ssad.gif

did you mention anything to her?

JULIA

Wow, I doubt there's a mother out there who would pass up the chance of a MUA (at least I think you are, apologies if you aren't) applying their daughter's make-up for prom. A lot of girls don't have access to that kind of pampering, she's lucky you offered to do it...for free!

When I know someone has a tendency to control things, I always make sure to give them very little room to take-over. IE: If I were to get married and my mom was a CF, I simply wouldn't let her help plan the wedding so I'd be completely nipping any chance of her taking over in the bud. She is my mom though, so to make sure she doesn't feel left out, I would give her very specific tasks to take care of outside of planning (mailing invitations, booking the specific caterers and DJs...lol, I'm not married I don't know)

blazeno.8

I do feel bad for the position that you were in, but that must have also been incredibly stressful for your friend too. D:
I hope you don't have to interact with that woman anytime soon.

Lapis

Just imagine your friend lives with that bitch!
She must be so beaten down after years of that critical BS

QueenBam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
Just imagine your friend lives with that bitch!
She must be so beaten down after years of that critical BS

TRUE DAT!
th_dunno.gif

kabuki_KILLER

How peculiar. Her mom must be an angsty, moody woman in real life that will punish her daughter if she stops her. I see no other reason for the girl not to tell her mom she's good and needs no more crap piled on her face.

The best thing I would try in her situation would be to tell mom that I like how this is, but if she wants, the mom can give a make over next weekend and do whatever she likes.

My parents are very controlling and hypocritical, but they never say anything about my make up. In fact, no one has ever told me when I'm wearing too much.

Singmeanything

UGH Sounds like my mom. She is soooo controlling. When i lived with her she would always be like, "why are you wearing that...you should brush your hair again..."
So annoying and moms like that I feel push their children away.

kaliraksha

Yikes! I feel sorry for your friend who can't even tell her mom what she wants for her prom makeup. I bet it's stranger when they do pay and then don't like it... especially when they have bad taste =/

Sorry hun!

Latest posts