Moment of Truth

SparklingWaves

I am wondering if it is staged too. She looked too calm to me.

If it's not staged, I don't like the concept. After a show, someone is going to hurt their partner eventually. People coming on with their secrets and exposing them on air like that just for money is downright wrong.

shauna_bear

That was one of the first thoughts that went through my head when i saw commercials for it. I dont see why people would want to air out their dirty laundry on television, people will do anything for money and networks will do anything for ratings. When I saw this episode, I saw it as a cop-out on her part, like she used the show to tell her husband what she really felt and what she has done. Poor guy.

xIxSkyDancerxIx

Awww.. I felt so bad for the husband..
ssad.gif
It's strange how the question was "Do you think you're a good person?" and she said yes and she turned out to be wrong.. I thought if you honestly believe you're a good person then the lie detector won't pick it up?? *confused

It's a bad show imo..

Sucks for the husband.

Dahlia_Rayn

She was horrible...how humiliating for the husband. Great if you want to get that stuff off your chest, but to do it in front of a national audience...she needs a swift thwack with a 2X4.

I'm glad she didn't win any money!

CantAffordMAC

so thats pretty dumb. if she is making such a big deal about not answering a question, doesn't that say a lot about what her answer is?

redambition

what a pathetic tv show, and how pathetic for someone to ruin their life just for some extra money from a game show.

*KT*

I think she was lying to herself about whether she thought she was a good person or not... if that makes any sense. Somewhere inside, she doesn't believe it.

I was glad she left with nothing... I find it sick that she only had the balls to be honest with her husband when money was on the line.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I am wondering if it is staged too. She looked too calm to me.

If it's not staged, I don't like the concept. After a show, someone is going to hurt their partner eventually. People coming on with their secrets and exposing them on air like that just for money is downright wrong.

My understanding is that the person in the "hot seat" gets all of the questions ahead of time. They know what will be asked; not necessarily the order, but they are not blind-sided which is why there may appear to be a "calmness".

I can not imagine doing that show or putting my family & friends through that and I can't even think of anything that I am hiding, although there are some things we keep to ourselves for no other reason than to save someone from hurt feelings (versus protecting our own bad choices.) For example, do I want my sister to find out that those pants DO make her a-s look big on national tv so I can win $10,000? Not really... who is that fair to?

ms_bloom

OMG ... I've never seen or heard of this show, how do they tell if someone is lying? With a polygraph? Those aren't 100% accurate!

coachkitten

I am just glad that lady lost on the questions "Do you think you are a good person". I don't know how that host can go to sleep at night knowing that he hosts such a terrible show!

msmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
The entire concept of that show is vile.

I really couldn't agree more. Television has gone to a really scary and weird place...

amoona

I love that show! The people who go on there are morons. They shouldn't be doing the evil shit they're doing if they don't want anyone to know about it. They know what they're getting into when they sign up, it just speaks about who these people are. You sell your soul to the devil and you get what's comin to ya.

ilovegreen

We have that show here in the UK & Jerry Springer presents it which kinda says it all !

I agree with you Amoona I don't know why people keep thinking they can beat the lie dector.

If your gonna go on a show like that you should just confess all before going on the show as it must be so humiliating.

No amount of money could change that feeling for me.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
I love that show! The people who go on there are morons. They shouldn't be doing the evil shit they're doing if they don't want anyone to know about it. They know what they're getting into when they sign up, it just speaks about who these people are. You sell your soul to the devil and you get what's comin to ya.

It's not just about evil shit.
It's about the way people feel about certain situations too.
There's nothing evil or wrong with still being a little bit in love with your first love. That's completely normal. That show portrays it as a betrayal.

The entire premise is wrong, exploitative, and just absolutely cruel.

No thanks. I'll watch something intelligent.