Montreal People!

Neophyte

I'm heading down the first weekend in July and I was wondering if their were any makeup hot spots. I'm especially looking for any specialty and discount stores.

Lipstick

I don't know any discount makeup stores around here.

The first place that come to my mind is downtown Montreal. Ste-Catherine street is the best, every big store is there. The bay, Les Ailes near McGill College Street.

Just a bit west to these stores (you can walk it's not far), Ogilvy for a few hard to find brands like Cle de Peau . A bit north you hit Holt Renfrew, Armani, St-Laurent and more.

How can I forget the Mac Pro stores. There is one at Ogilvy and one on St-Laurent street near Sherbrooke street.

HTH

Neophyte

I found the MAC Pro

3487 Boulevard St. Laurent
Montreal,QC H2X 2T6 (CA)
(514) 287-9297
MAC Pro

Lipstick

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
There is no MAC Pro Store at Ogilvy, its just a MAC counter.

But they have empty palettes, refills and many more than just regular counter.

amandamakeup

there is a makeup artist store on st denis called studio makijaz, i dont have the address offhand, you will have to google them. they have great products at great prices. but i think they are closed on sundays.
theres not much places here in montreal to get makeup at great prices, or different items, i usually just end up going to mac.
have fun in montreal! im sure your gonna love it! theres always so much going on in the summer! if i think of anymore places,,, ill let you know!

rouquinne

great place for hair care products at amazing prices is Studio Florent Claude in the shopping mall at the Peel Metro Station.

wow!

Neophyte, are you doing a day trip or going on Canada Day???

Lipstick

You're right

Quote:
Lipstick, Yeah but they don't have PRO products.

In fact it's a Mac Pro discount. There is an other one in Laval at Le Carrefour . I go there especially when I need refills or special brushes.

I completely forgot about Pro products because they are useless for a Non makeup artist like me LOL! very big containers, body makeup, airbrush and things like that. Fun to see thought.

PrettyKitty

I agree, some of those Pro products are useless, but have you seen Pro pigments? Some of them are very pretty! And also, I heard good things about Lip Mix, and they have Pro CCB with new colours.

I always enjoy it when I go at the Pro Store, you're not 999 girls (Or boys
smiles.gif
) in the store. At The Bay and Ogilvy, its crazy, sometimes I wait 20 minutes before I can buy something!

Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne
Neophyte, are you doing a day trip or going on Canada Day???

Oh I'm just going down for the weekend. I go there once and awhile. Just wasn't too familiar with the cosmetic spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipstick
I completely forgot about Pro products because they are useless for a Non makeup artist like me LOL! very big containers, body makeup, airbrush and things like that. Fun to see thought.

That's cool, I am a makeup artist.. well, starting up. I finished my course, have a done a fashion show already and have a few more dates coming up this month and next.
smiles.gif
I'll def be going to the store at Laval at Le Carrefour.

Thanks for all the replies gals, if you think of anymore keep me posted!
smiles.gif

Lipstick

Quote:
I agree, some of those Pro products are useless, but have you seen Pro pigments? Some of them are very pretty! And also, I heard good things about Lip Mix, and they have Pro CCB with new colours.

I always enjoy it when I go at the Pro Store, you're not 999 girls (Or boys
smiles.gif
) in the store. At The Bay and Ogilvy, its crazy, sometimes I wait 20 minutes before I can buy something!

I have only 1 pigment, violet. I like it, but more into lipstick than e/s. Always use the same colors, mostly beige and brown.

You bet I'll take a closer look to Lip Mix next time !!!
icon_bump.gif

Thanks!

Star

Re: You're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipstick
In fact it's a Mac Pro discount. There is an other one in Laval at Le Carrefour . I go there especially when I need refills or special brushes.

Oooooh... this sounds interesting! My sister lives minutes from that mall... what else do they carry that might be of interest to a non makeup artist?

Latest posts