Mood swings making me be mean.

Kazzii-Loves-MA

Hey everyone
smiles.gif

i have alot of worry in my life, which causes alot of mood swings and i dont know how to change this.
Im constantly worrying about:

College, i have exams every week if i fail them then i wont pass my course (which costs £400 and takes a year to complete). This course cost about £400 altogether of course my parents paid and we arent very well off so it took alot to get onto this course. It would take a year and another £400 to do again.

My sister she has the most awful partner in the world, she got divorced from her husband then met another loser that treats her like muck. he is a dept collector so he hurts people for money
ssad.gif
he has recently had his hands broken and had his car crashed. it is not my choice to choose my sisters boy friend, but im so worried for my neice and nephew going from my sisters boy friends house to my sisters ex husbands house. its so confusing for them. she wants to stay here with me and my parents. but then there would be 6 people in a three bedroom house
ssad.gif
. obviously people moving in is so unsettling, it would really disrupt my college work etc. i just dont know what to do? who do i think of my future career or my family? i mean i feel worse for my poor little neice and nephew. they asked for none of this. But my sister goes from man to man, it makes me so mad. we tell her what to do and she never listens and gets herself into more trouble. my mum has m.e and she cant possibly do everything for my sister.

My mother thinks im pregnant. october 2006 my boy friend dumped me and it made me quite ill i got very thin and couldnt eat, therefore i lost a fair amount of weight. a couple of years on iv put all that weight back on. i have put the weight onto my stomach, breasts and bum. i think this is normal, but my mum says the way my stomach is growing its the shape of a pregnant womans stomach. she is making me very paranoid. I do use contraception so im not a rebellious teenager, i cannot have a baby me and my boy friend cannot afford it. he works and i go to college. if it were to happen we would never get rid of our baby, we would support eachother and get through it and be good parents. but i cant see how i could be pregnant.

me and my boy friend are getting on great most of the time, he is such a special person to me, i sometimes am mean for no reason and i dont know why. i have these mood swings for no reason. its killing me because he is so great to me and he doesnt deserve this. but i cant control myself. im just so stressed out, i know its normal to be stressed, i mean most people are if they like it or not. i just dont know how to explain to my mum and boy friend.

thanks for reading everyone, im sure you will all come up with some positive comments and support. Kayleigh x x x x

LMD84

th_hug.gif
well as far as your sister goes you are right - you can't choose her boyfriends and even if you were to make comment on him on how you don't think he's good for her and her kids, she'll probs just get angery with you. as frustrating as it is i think you need to let her realise that he's not the right guy. maybe your parents could talk to her? i always value my mum's opinion highly so maybe she could do somthing to help.

as far as them moving in and it effecting your work - you most likely don't have a choice. speak to your parents and tell them what you are concerned about and maybe that will effect what desision they make. but ultimately it is there house so what will be will be.

as far as college goes you need to stop stressing about failing. yes your course cost alot of money, but all you can do is try your best. have you tried studying in a library where it is quiet if home is not so great right now? make sure you do a time table on when and where you are doing revision to help you out. but equally make sure you have some breaks! spend time with your guy and friends because studying all the time will drive you crazy. and unfortunetly worrying about it is also going to be having a negative effect on you.

your mood swings are understandable because you are under alot of stress right now - but most of it should not be your stress and you need to see and understand that. i'm the same because i snap at my hubby purely because he is the one that is just there when i need to blow. it's not ok that i do that and i try very hard to control how i feel. maybe sit down to your guy and explain how stressed you are, say sorry for snapping and try and make it up to him by planning a nice date. go shopping or see a film or have some food together. and try not to think about all the other crap for just one afternoon.

Kazzii-Loves-MA

heya hunny,
my mum has talked to her loads of times and so has our other sister. my mum actually said she didnt have to marry her ''now ex husband'' i think my mum saw what he was like before anyone else did. and she said the same about the boy friend my sister has now. its like its happening all over again :s.

i know its not my choice, i respect its my mum and dads house and i think they will decide without letting me influence them. but its so hard to watch. shes my sister and i love her. but she just comes here expects my poor mum to look after the children while my sister is constantly on the phone, my sister doesnt pay her way and thats frustrating because my dad is the only one working, my mum has m.e and im a full time college student with no money for transport to get to a job, i dont have time for a job. i feel my sister takes advantage and thats what is worst.

i try my hardest to study while im waiting for the bus which is a fair few hours and at home. but i have a brain like a sive hehe, i need to read it five times before it goes in :S. i just feel like no matter how hard i try i cant remember everything i need too.

i like the idea of spending time with my boy friend, we get to see eachother every weekend and he pops round sometimes after work, but we are both so tired we just sit there lolling about lol. we are still spending time with eachother. we dont go out like we used to he has car payments and rent to pay bless him and im not earning money. it is so nice on a saturday night just to have a cuddle and watch saturday tv lol. this is the man i want to marry one day and i can tell him everything, he is always there when im sad, but sometimes he doesnt understand me the way id like him too.

Almond_Eyed

I went through a really rough time in my first couple years of university... a lot of family, personal, and financial issues. I learned that the key to surviving is MANAGE YOUR STRESS.

You have to learn how to manage your stress, it's not easy, but you have to make some time for yourself to relax and have fun. You're going to burn yourself out and it will take a really long time to fully recover from it. Seek counseling or look up some resources for dealing with stress. Good luck <3