moonbathe discussion

Deirdre

Around the 'net, I've seen the usual lackluster response, and some downright harsh reviews. Of course I ignored and went and bought all the eyeshadows, except Cranberry, which I already have. Can you say "love?" I used them all, including Cranberry, except for Saturnal, today, and I'm going to use the Saturnal to "smoke it up" tonight.

I have the perfect collection for summer, I have been craving colors like these since march! Oh, and Firespot is the most pretty color, I almost can't stand it! And while it's fair to compare Courage and Valet (with Valet being more orange toned), it does not fit so much with that, than Melon, although much deeper - the two would look lovely together.
And I'm glad I don't have to worry about running out of that dinky little square of Sable Wrap now, I bought my virtually identical pot of Saturnal (in fact, it's so close, I think it was a rename).

greatscott2000

I loved Crescent l/g, I didn't expect the color to look so nice based off of the swatches in the swatch forum. I did purchase:
Bronze- Bronzer - I like it as a light highligter w/ shimmer on my cheeks
Purring Tenderstone - surprisingly moisturizing. It took me 30 minutes to open b/c the lid was screwed on way too tight.
Dark Flower l/g
Crescent l/g

franimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Anyone successfully get any Moonbathe lipsticks for Back 2 MAC?

I just did! I got sunmetal

mima

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Anyone successfully get any Moonbathe lipsticks for Back 2 MAC?

i didn't have any empties with me but my SA told me i could back to mac for moonbathe stuff

shadowaddict

clap.gif
Thank you to everyone for explaining the Lipglass, Plushglass, Chromeglass, Lustreglass differences to me and for the help with Elaborate l/g over Honey Moon l/s. I will be buying Elaborate now. It sounds really pretty. And thanks to Ernie I will now seriously consider Cranberry and Firespot e/s and use them sparingly. I don't have anything even close to those two colors. I've always been too afraid, but maybe it's time to venture out a little.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Anyway, on to the Moonbathe collection. FIRESPOT!!! Oh how I love thee...this is the best e/s MAc has made in ages. Honest. So wonderful, and yey, finally a veluxe pearl finish.

I really liked the golden coloured blush as well, what do you ladies think of it? It looks like a MSF almost! I might go back and get that one. But I splurged on the 168 brush today so that was enough for today.

I can't wait to see your fotd with Firespot! =D

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Anyway, on to the Moonbathe collection. FIRESPOT!!! Oh how I love thee...this is the best e/s MAc has made in ages. Honest. So wonderful, and yey, finally a veluxe pearl finish.

I agree with you. This color is unlike any other MAC color. However, it is VERY similar to a color NARS has. Too bad MAC didn't come out with this before I bought the NARS shadow. Oh well.

I just wanted to say that I LOVE the packaging. I have heard some people say that it's tacky but, honestly, I love it and it makes me want to go and grab more of the collection.

yummy411

Re: Some Swatches!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyrbestbetxx
.. the pics are used with flash so it' actually alot more vivid in person. and i'm a NC45

p1000317fs5.jpg

these colors look awesome with your skin tone!!!

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer
Overall, I liked the collection, but it was not unique. If you bought the Holiday 2006 warm palette, you can easily dupe the Moonbathe shadows with Limo (I like it better than Cranberry), Valet, Sable Wrap, and Woodwinked. In sunlight, Claire de Lune looks like Vex, Almond Icing, Sea Myth or Seedy Pearl. It turns pinkish, and does not seem to fit in with the other colors.

Eclipse is the same type of matte frost lipstick that came out with Untamed. Solar Plum looks very similar to Sequin, VGVI, and Sundressing. Honeymoon is a very unique gold shade, the only thing that could not be easily duped with something else. Sunmetal is very pretty, but may not show up on pigmented lips.

The lipglasses were pretty. Elaborate is one of my favorite l/gs of all time! Moonbathe is very sheer and sparkly. It is not very pigmented, more along the lines of a lustreglass. Crescent reminds me of Oh, Baby. Dark Flower is a more berry version of Lovechild. It looks like Chanel's Force glossimer.

Other Worldly is a very shimmery, very pigmented frost blush. It looks very much like Woodwinked or Cosmic, in both color and frosty texture. Looking at in on my hand, I would guess it was an eyeshadow and not a blush. Shimpagne is much sheerer in texture and lighter in color compared to it. Afterdusk was chalky! I had a hard time getting it to stick on my hand. It just shows up as a slight shimmer on my NW15 hand. HTHS!

P.S. I added a comparison pic photo in the swatch gallery of Firespot, Holiday 2006 Warm, Solar Plum, VGVI, Sequin, and Moonbathe with coral glosses.

wow we couldn't disagree more... except on the cosmic and other wordly blush issue
hmm.gif
... hmmmmm:confused:

sakura88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
After Dusk: the gold pearl is more prominent and it's been compared to Petticoat, but I might get it since Petticoat doesn't show enough plum on me.

Really?
eyelove.gif
Can anyone confirm whether it's similar to Petticoat?

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura88
Really?
eyelove.gif
Can anyone confirm whether it's similar to Petticoat?

I'm nc15 and Petticoat is much peachier than Afterdusk, a completely different color, imo. Afterdusk might work for you as it is quite plummy with a gold sheen to it.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
I'm nc15 and Petticoat is much peachier than Afterdusk, a completely different color, imo. Afterdusk might work for you as it is quite plummy with a gold sheen to it.

That's what I was thinking too, but since I couldn't compare side-to-side, I took their word for it. I thought it was a plumminess I couldn't see...:confused:

helenoftroy1

Hi: I got the new Molten So Liquidlast. I love the color. But it seem a little brassy for me. But I am used have black or brown eye liners. I can't seem to get a good look with this. Any suggestion on colors combo. I am NW 25 and dark brown eyes. Thanks in Advance.......
smiles.gif

Taj

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenoftroy1
Hi: I got the new Molten So Liquidlast. I love the color. But it seem a little brassy for me. But I am used have black or brown eye liners. I can't seem to get a good look with this. Any suggestion on colors combo. I am NW 25 and dark brown eyes. Thanks in Advance.......
smiles.gif

Just run the liquidlast above your regular black/brown liner. Will definitely make your eyes *POP*

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
Saturnal is a deeper muddied olive. It has the slightest sheen, but you can barely see it. Sumptuous olive is lighter and way frostier.

I used Saturnal in the crease and I had Sumptuous olive on the lid. It looked good to me.
pretty.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Hows the new Orange nail polish? I was thinking of buying it. I'm wondering if it's like AMAZING and I should buy it now before it sells out, or if it's alright and I can wait and buy other things first.

AudreyNicole

I just checked out Moonbathe, and I really liked the collection. I definately didn't buy as much as I have from past collections, but all, in all, I think there were some great things! I got Firespot e/s, Afterdusk blush, Sunmetal l/s and Tendertones in Pucker and Take a Hint. I walked away without Molton Sol LLL, Cosmic and Other Wordly, but I think I am going back next week to get those and a few more tendertones
smiles.gif

shadowaddict

I think someone else said this also but I found Claire De Lune e/s to be kind of chalky. Also it just doesn't show up on my either. Yesterday I was playing with the e/s and put on Saturnal and then put Cosmic over it and came up with a pretty close match to "Olive Groove" from 2 or 3 summers ago. I absolutlely loved "Olive Groove" but did not think about getting a back up for it back then
weeping.gif
. I can't remember which collection it was in but it was in the gold packaging that was a little while before they did the bronze packaging.

helenoftroy1

Thank you I will give it a try.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj
Just run the liquidlast above your regular black/brown liner. Will definitely make your eyes *POP*