moonflower e/s

mima

i really want this e/s but it reminds me of another (mac) e/s but i can't think which one. do you girls know any dupes? also, is it just me or is fertile really chalky for a veluxe pearl?

xiahe

i think there were comparison pics in the swatch thread (or maybe it was mac_cosmetics on LJ) and moonflower is similar to tilt, but moonflower is darker i believe.

BlahWah

Moonflower may look like Tilt in the pan but I find Tilt is more of a jean-blue (cooler) whereas Moonflower is not only darker but has green tones to it (warmer). Moonflower is also more pigmented. I did a comparison of the two in the Strange Hybrid swatch thread.

As for Fertile...I haven't used it yet! *hides* But I'll try to in the next few days.

Cruella

I found that using Tilt with the green from the HIP Flashy duo over it makes a darn good Moonflower dupe.

Aussiechick28

I am obsessed with the moonflower eyeshadow. I have lots of blues, and on my skin tone (NC35) the moonflower is not like any of the other MAC shadows. I have tilt, and in my opinion it's brighter and is more shimmery.

And to answer your question, yes, I think fertile is quite chalky for velux pearl. I tthought i would love fertile, but i am finding it difficult to work with.

BlahWah

Just tried out Fertile today and I found it to be more like a frost (with min. frostiness) b/c it's pigmented but not like a matte. I'm going to try it again tomorrow (if I remember) over Up At Dawn from the Balloonacy quad, but I'm okay with working it on its own.

Chrystia

I though Moonflower looked like tilt when I first saw it. But once you try it on skin it looks very different. but its beautifu. It's one of my new favourite shadows.

blueyedlady87

Moonflower I'm finding isn't as bright as I'd hope it would be. Fertile on the other hand I love, love, love! I put it over a CCB and pack it with the 217 brush and it looks great! However the finish doesn't remind me of a veluxe pearl, mine isn't chalky but it's certainly not the creamy smooth consistency of say Expensive Pink or All That Glitters (All That Glitters IMO has the best consistency of all MAC eyeshadows).

Aussiechick28

I was just at the MAC store, and funnily enough i was looking at Fade. IMO I don't think they are similar - Fade was much lighter on me, and not the same shimmer.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion
i feel moonflower is in between tilt and zonk bleu.

It's darker than that. It is more teal and pigmented, almost like there is just a tad of Plumage in it. I love it and Fertile, and I think I might need to get backups (although I never finish eye shadows, so that's probably not necessary).

rose4421

I agree it looks sort of like other shadows, but applied, it's not. It's a really beautiful color, and I'm glad to have it, even with all the blues I own!

(I'm glad to own Fertile, too, even though I'm not quite sure if it's any different from Au Contraire and Mystical Mist!)

mima

thanks so much for all your help girls. i went back and swatched moonflower with tilt, zonk blue and a few others, and on my skintone (nc42?) it is an exact match with zonk bleu (which i own) and even the MA couldn't tell them apart and told me to save my money for c-shock and moonbathe e/s
smiles.gif

Latest posts