AND SHE ALWAYS BRINGS ME BACK TO MUCH
MAKE UP......THE BOX HAS A NO11 ON IT
ITS PRISMIQUE LUSTRE IN A LOVELY FROSTED
BLUEY GREEN IT HAS A COMPACT AT THE BOTTOM WITH MIRROR
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT ANY TIME SHOULD YOU
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGS TO THIS..IM A GENUINE HONEST EBAYER
AND ONLY TO PLEASED TO HELP.....
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LOOK....."

Sweet Jesus... Is she bloody serious? It seems like a lot of 'daughters' are bringing home these '100% genuine' eyeshadows nowadays... How lovely of them.
Ive messaged her to tell her exactly why she is full of BS (politely of course).

Emailed:
"You do realise your MAC eyeshadows (e/s) are fake dont you? They are fake for the following reasons:
1. PRISMIQUE (when its real) is a white colour. However its also a name that is put on fake lots of MAC e/s.

2. Real MAC e/s are either 1.3g or 1.5g - never 5g as you have stated.

3. Real MAC e/s have names on a (primarily black) sticker on both the box and the bottom of the pot (such as gesso or parrot), they NEVER have a number or a colour (eg Green) - these are traits seen only on fakes.

4. The box is wrong in both shape/size and writing, it also seems to have the wrong texture.

5. The pots are wrong - the shape/size and the area where the pan sits are signs of obvious fakes.

6. MAC e/s (single or duo) NEVER have mirrors and/or applicators in them - this is something only seen in VERY OBVIOUS FAKES.

7. The quality of the e/s looks cheap and tacky - also one e/s is rounded, the other is flattened.

Continued..."

"Selling counterfeit makeup (regardless of whether you have one item or 100) is illegal, against ebay policy and immoral. Counterfeit makeup hasnt been safety tested by dfa, and therefore can contain ANYTHING (dangerous levels of lead for one) and cause severe reactions or even blindness.

Where did you get this from? The only place that MAC sells through are MAC stores/counters, their website and CCO's. If you get MAC from anywhere else you cant proclaim to have 100% genuine products as you have. If indeed you have a daughter that bought you these, i would suggest asking her where exactly she bought them - they were definately NOT BOUGHT VIA MAC.
If these are still up in 24 hrs time i will personally contact ebay about them, as well as the highest bidders. This isnt a threat, its what will happen if you choose to continue with the auctions now you know the truth.
Please see the following:
http://community.livejournal.com/uk_makeup/6330.html"

I hope this one doesnt get pissy with me!
graucho.gif

Edit:
Her reply -
"Hello there

Thank you for your message to me regarding the MAC products I currently have listed.

I was truly horrified to hear that these items may not be genuine, but having scruitinised the link you provided me I myself have questions regarding them.

I will indeed when possible contact my daughter and identify the origins of where they were purchased in the US.

I am absolutely certain that she would not have intentionally bought me goods which could even remotely cause any adverse medical reactions.

I will of course immediately retract the listings of these two products and contact the highest bidders to explain.

I listed these items with genuine honesty and best intentions and would in no way intend to decieve or misrepresent anything I sell as I certainly would not like it done to me.

Again thank you for highlighting this issue to me which may have saved me potential embarrassement from the purchasers at a later date, but even more importantly saved any possibility if indeed only remote chance of discomfort or medical risk to them.

Yours sincerely

Maureen. "