More fake pigments on their way to the uk?

angi

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by angi
WHOLESALE MAC Pigment 30 section of colors x 2 set-NIB on eBay, also, Health Beauty, Wholesale Job Lots (end time 30-Jun-08 14:28:23 BST)

I've been watching this auction for a day or so, just to see where these pigments ended up. I'm interested to see if they make their way back to ebay, hopefully with some close up photos to show if they are indeed fake (I suspect they will be!)

If they do turn out to be fake, well, I really feel for the person that bought them.

(I suspect they will be!) <-- AGREED! They even have the Flashtronic piggies in there. Those bastards!!!

Keywords: Wholesale + Hong Kong =
thmbdn.gif

ritchieramone

I just spotted this story on the BBC news website - Court fines eBay over fake goods - I wonder if other brands will follow their lead? In short, the company in question felt that eBay hadn't done enough to stop the sale of fakes which is most definitely the case with MAC!

halocaustic

thmbdn.gif

Right, I'm wary enough as it is but this means I will never buy/swap with anyone I don't know now. How many of these will be bought by unsuspecting people on MUA and swapped around or sampled?

Nowhere is safe now apart from MAC directly.

panda0410

^^ I flat out agree.... There are going to be people swapping and selling samples from this sort of lot and the counterfeits are getting incredibly good. I want nothing off ebay anymore, unless its a rare/Dcd/LE and even then I have baulked. As far as pro and reg colours go if it doesnt come with a legitimate store receipt then I dont want it!!

Babelgum

I've purchased LOADS of MAC (probably around £500 in total) via the Bay and have only ended up with one fake the entire time. As a general rule of thumb, I don't buy from Hong Kong, China, Thailand, etc. I usually only look for auctions, and I set my limits to 'within the UK' rather than the entire EU. If I want to be even more choosey and safe, I cut out anything coming from London. (Really, the only way I'd purchase from London is if the seller had many detailed comments that talked about the authenticity of the item, and pictures from several different angles that somewhat 'proved' the MU authentic as well.) As far as the one fake I did purchase, it was my fault for not looking at the photo closely enough to see the wonky shape of the box and container. Quick note to the seller provided me with a full refund.

Having said all that, I'm absolutely certain this listing is fake.
Even though there are quite a few fakes floating around eBay, I don't think that should discourage someone from finding some good deals.
I've seriously gotten some GREAT ones just from everyday people purging their own collections.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchieramone
I just spotted this story on the BBC news website - Court fines eBay over fake goods - I wonder if other brands will follow their lead? In short, the company in question felt that eBay hadn't done enough to stop the sale of fakes which is most definitely the case with MAC!

Man, the Australian news are sooooo slow to catch this! :/ Its similar to the BBC news that ritchieramone posted.

eBay fined $66m for selling fake Louis Vuitton goods - BizTech - Technology

eBay deserves the $66m fine for letting the fakers sell their shite!!

speedygirl247

Well they are here already, this one has been canvassing ebay sellers to buy his stuff, which was what sent me into a panic about my shell cream colour base (hence an earlier pos) - now depotted and i can relax again. I may be over paranoid now but I can't help it, especially when you get lists from........

1 X MAC pigment RED wholesale available 100% genuine on eBay, also, Face Powder, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 09-Jul-08 00:45:34 BST)

In my days as a clueless idiot I might have bought these, so who knows how many others will. I am so thankful to everybody on what I have learnt here. I even had a panic on a space being slightly bigger from a pot to a lid last month, thankfully my mind was put at rest from a specktra member.

I am a bit rubbish with make-up - what do I do with my de-potted shell ??

panda0410

^^Keep it for B2M - get 6 depots and you get a free lipstick or slimshine of your choice
smiles.gif
The US also offers lipglass and eyesahdaows as part of the B2M so ask and see if its applicable in the UK as well!