Morning Glory. . .Different colors?

aznsmurfy

Hi girls! My first MAC eBay thing was a Morning Glory lustreglass, for some reason I thought it was d/c and rare, HTF!!! (It isn't) I looked under Lipglass on the MAC website no lustreglass so. ..anyway, you get the idea.
smiles.gif
I got it and I was so happy and I put it in a cup like I do the other ones with the cap down, in the morning I noticed it was missing a good quarter inch and the brush was all f*cked up. A few bristles were going weird directions, I e-mailed the lady she said she swears it's BN so I'm like, ok, fine, you seem honest.

So fast forward and I had picked up a new MG cuz I was just getting sick of using the old one and seeing how it's half gone now and the brush was always making application a chore. Wow this is long! Ok, so here's a picture of the two of them, the one on the right is the new one I bought (it's darker in color too making me wonder if the one I got was excessively used or a fake. :T) The one on the left is the one I got off eBay. I use my lipglasses a lot so for a quarter inch to be missing in a new lipglass makes me suspicious (2 months, later but hey :p)

IMG_0146.jpg

Am I allowed to list the seller? I know you girls kick @$$ at spotting bad eBayers and fakes, but I don't want to violate any rules.
greengrin.gif
Thank you guys!
greengrin.gif

succubus

My Morning Glory appears to be like the lighter one posted. And I know mine isn't fake cuz I got it right from MAC

Isis

I don't trust eBay at all. It just seems certain sellers will say whatever they want to get the $$$. But that's my 2 yen.

Looking at the 2 glosses - the type face on the one to the right seems a bit tighter & slightly smaller? I used to be into Graphic Design so I notice those things.... Does anyone else see that???

aznsmurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ
I don't trust eBay at all. It just seems certain sellers will say whatever they want to get the $$$. But that's my 2 yen.

Looking at the 2 glosses - the type face on the one to the right seems a bit tighter & slightly smaller? I used to be into Graphic Design so I notice those things.... Does anyone else see that???

GAH! I see it now! haha Wow, it's subtle though! You got a good eye for that
winks.gif
I think I'm just gonna toss that other one. *shudders* Gross! I can't believe I used that hecka too. Sad. No more eBay! >
ssad.gif

aznsmurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus
Here's mine when I first got it
345739%3B523232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3253%3E4%3C9%3E%3A65%3EWSNRCG%3D323337%3A44%3A528nu0mrj

wooo prettty! hehe Thanks for the photo!
greengrin.gif

melozburngr

the typeface on both tubes is the same, I couldnt see it when she said one was tighter and smaller, so I busted out the photoshop- marqueed a box around the words on the left one, pasted it at 50% opacity on top of the right one, and they are identical.
smiles.gif
My guess is that the Ebay one is technically BN.. but the seller has had it for quite some time.
smiles.gif

thats just me tho- I could be nuts.
smiles.gif
hth

user4

lustreglasses never come completly full for me... when i got mine there was a food quarter inch missing also... so it might just be normal like that!

mspixieears

Caff8me will be able to set you right on if it's counterfeit or not. They do look different to me...but I do need a new pair of specs.

SugarAsh182

They do look slightly different to me.... hmmm. I don't have Morning Glory though, so I can't compare for you. I can say that I used up my first Flashmode lustreglass in like 3 or 4 months, so they go quickly since they are thinner glosses IMO.

black mamba

I had bought two tubes of nymphette directly from MAC about a year apart, and the older one seemed slightly different than the new one, darker or something but I thought it was just due to usage and the aging of the product. Like I said they came from MAC, so no way they were counterfeit, but there was a difference, so that could be the case.

user3

Maybe the seller exposed it to heat or extreme cold weather.

Strange it looks like a morning glory and flahsmode combined.

I've had my morning glory since it first came out and the color has not changed.

tracie

My morning glory looks more like the one on the left, and I just got it a few months ago from a mac counter
smiles.gif

lah_knee

its the same thing one is just more new so it looks a bit darker. or like someone else said, they make these things in batches. im sure they dont always come out exactly alike from one batch to another!

also lustreglass is different than lipglass. lipglass is more pigmented and thicker. so you dont go through it as much as a lustre which is why you are probably going through it so quickly
smiles.gif

Lo-Fi_Thriller

sometimes lights change makeup's colour- just as they do perfumes. so i bet the person had that one in direct light for awhile, or exposed to something..

Latest posts