Morrocanoil

Tinkerbell4726

I've heard about morrocanoil on another forum and I'm wondering if any of you girls have used this before. If so where do you purchase it? My salon does not carry it but I'm dying to try it!

Mabelle

I have tried it and it is Fantastic!!
It's not greasy and smells so yummy. I smooth a bit through my hair and it makes it look so lush and shiny. Whenever my tips are in need of some love i put it on, and it takes that crunchy frazzled look away!
I also condition my hair with it before i dye it, and add some into my dye mixture. It's supposed to help your hair adsorb the dye better, make the colour richer, last longer and do less damage to your hair during the dying process.

i got it at a salon (in montreal), but i think you can get it on folica.

LeeleeBell

Moroccan Oil is awesome, especially if you have dry/processed hair. It leaves my hair soft and shiny. But just a warning, a little goes a long way
winks.gif
My salon does carry it...so try looking in another salon maybe? Otherwise try to find it online or at a beauty supply.

dirtball

morrocanoil is amazing. rough dry your hair to about 75 percent dry, put a dime size amount through shoulder or above length hair, a big nickel sized amount through long hair evenly distributed starting on the ends and putting the least on your roots. this product is meant to be blow dried, and in fact speeds up your blow dry by 40%. adds shine, reduces frizz, smells fantastic, is kinda expensive, but when youre using such a small amount itll last a while. once your hair is dry you can put a teeny bit more on just to smooth over anything that didnt defrizz with your blowdry. teeny bit as in put the bottle against your hand and just let the oil touch your hand, dont pour it out.

moroccanoil is its own company, its not made by a big name like paul mitchell or tigi or something, so its not in a lot of salons. my salon in massachusetts sells the big bottle for $43 and a little baby sized bottle for $13 which is great for trying it out.

Kitty*

i have fine hair, and its in decent condition, but my hair hates this stuff, i use a dime sized amount and it makes my hair feel gross. thats my hair tho, and i know alot of ppl with over processed hair who love it, depending on what you have access to, i got a tiny bottle of it for a dollar (i used it for 2 weeks straight and still have 3/4 left)

So if u have any friends who are cosmetologists talk to them, cause they could get you a sample bottle like what i got for a similar price

ZoeKat

I came here just to rave about Moroccan oil! I totally trashed my hair a while ago with heat styling and bleaching. My stylist gave me a bottle and ordered me (she's the boss when it comes to my hair, ha) to use this and only this after each time I wash my hair. Honestly, it has fixed my hair. I also noticed one day that my nails were looking great. They grow long without breaking or peeling, which they always used to do before I started using the oil. I don't know if this is really what's making them stronger but it sure seems like it! As for where to get it, I'm not sure because my stylist orders it for me. Try it if you get a chance!

makeupNdesign

Morrocan oil is amazing! My bottle's lasted me over a year and I have pretty thick, coarse, curly hair naturally that I straighten out. You have to go easy for sure though to avoid having your hair look greasy.

DILLIGAF

I got mine at RICKY's NYC... They happen to have a store in Miami. I believe that it's also available on their website.

ZoeKat

Yeah, it works really well (for me) when I blow dry. I use a little bit when I air dry too. It keeps the frizz out of my curls.

Caderas

My salon carries the original Morrocan oil! I use it on hair that is either damaged, needs smoothing, is unruly, or ultra thick. Depending on how dense the hair is, you don't need much! Most of the clients I've used it on have liked the outcome of it too. Good stuff for that certain hair texture IMO!

clslvr6spd

This stuff has been my weapon, since I changed my color around a lot it has saved my locks. Definite thumbs up & I recommend it to all my clients.

ruthless

Can someone link the thread where we discussed Moroccan Oil vs Argan Oil vs Silicones? There is a lot of good info in that thread

Dekadencija

I thought it didn't contain silicon oil so I'm bumped about this (only a little bit
greengrin.gif
) but I so LOVE what it does to my hair. What I love best since I started using this oil is the fact that what shampoo and conditioner I use is of less importance since my hair is basicly healthy but tends to get frizzy if shampoo/conditioner isn't particulary good or I don't dry it well. This oil makes me not worried about if I'll have to wear a ponytail to work (AGAIN!) or not. I've been wearing my hear down A LOT MORE OFTEN since using this. I wish i didn't have that much silicone in it but what you gonna do! I'd like to try macadamia oil product though.

roLLerGrrL

If you use a clarifying shampoo then there's no problem with silicones, they'll take away any buildup.

User38

I have used moroccanoil... but on light hair/blonde/grey, it discolours it and gives a yellow cast.

Also, I have heard that just the plain Argan oil (not the Morroccanoil brand) is better as it doesn't contain silicon or colourants -- I am getting plain Argan from now on.

Redken makes a good clarifying shampoo, but so does Suave (one expensive, one cheap) and both do the job of removing cones, hairspray or gunk from hair.

User38

ps... for any blondes or white hair platinums, there is a newer version of MO which is called "Light" -- I of course bought like 4 bottles of the old version
rofl.gif
so I am stuck till I finish them.

Latest posts