Most sought after MSFs?

Turbokittykat

I know Pleasureflush, in general, remains the Holy Grail and usually goes for well over $100, but which other MSFs are very sought after now, and what are the going rates, roughly? I've totally lost track which have been re-released and which haven't.

coachkitten

I would say Pleasureflush, Metal Rock & Lightscapade as none of them have been re-released. Currently it seems that more people are looking for Lightscapade & Metal Rock.

BlahWah

Disclaimer: this is according to my memory when I first became a crazy MAC addict!
tong.gif

I know you'd asked for ones that are highly sought after now but I thought I'd post previous ones so you can scratch them off your list, since you'd mentioned it's been tough keeping track of re-releases.

So Ceylon was until it was re-released (so thankful for that!). I'd seen it go BNIB for min $60, max $100. Used I'd seen with a $40 asking price. Perhaps it'd go $40 BNIB now? Maybe a bit higher b/c of the price increases.

Stereo Rose was another but it will be re-released soon with In The Groove.
drools.gif
Sometimes it was as popular as So Ceylon but I think there were more of this to go around so ppl went crazy after it but it wasn't as rare, lowering the market price a bit.

Porcelain Pink was a biggie but not as much as the other two. Let's say I would expect to pay $25 for used (got a great deal for $20 shipped tho!!).

Those were the ones I sought after most when I came into MAC around 2005. After that was Lightscapade and Petticoat but jets cooled on Lightscapade (I think b/c it's not as colourful) and Petticoat was re-released (to be re-released again).

Oh, and there was Gold Deposit as well but it came back as a mineralize rotation product. Prior to that I think it had similar status to PP?

HTH!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Disclaimer: this is according to my memory when I first became a crazy MAC addict!
tong.gif

I know you'd asked for ones that are highly sought after now but I thought I'd post previous ones so you can scratch them off your list, since you'd mentioned it's been tough keeping track of re-releases.

So Ceylon was until it was re-released (so thankful for that!). I'd seen it go BNIB for min $60, max $100. Used I'd seen with a $40 asking price. Perhaps it'd go $40 BNIB now? Maybe a bit higher b/c of the price increases.

Stereo Rose was another but it will be re-released soon with In The Groove.
drools.gif
Sometimes it was as popular as So Ceylon but I think there were more of this to go around so ppl went crazy after it but it wasn't as rare, lowering the market price a bit.

Porcelain Pink was a biggie but not as much as the other two. Let's say I would expect to pay $25 for used (got a great deal for $20 shipped tho!!).

Those were the ones I sought after most when I came into MAC around 2005. After that was Lightscapade and Petticoat but jets cooled on Lightscapade (I think b/c it's not as colourful) and Petticoat was re-released (to be re-released again).

Oh, and there was Gold Deposit as well but it came back as a mineralize rotation product. Prior to that I think it had similar status to PP?

HTH!

Just adding to this. New Vegas was also re-released with the McQueen Collection a few years ago, but I never remember people being that crazy over it, even before the re-release. And Shimpagne was re-release, sort of, it was included in a Look Box a not too too long ago.

And I agree with everyone else that Pleasureflush, Metal Rock, and now Lightscapade are the most sought after, but until news of Stereo Rose's re-release got out, I would say SR fetched a higher price than Lightscapade. I would like to see MR and Shooting Star re-released.

Kirsty

Lightscapade & Metal Rock, of course

However the Stereo Rose being re-released in the In The Groove collection is said to be a different formula - lighter. It may be that the "original formula" will still be sought after, so don't go selling any for retail just yet
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momolovesmac
is By Candlelight a new msf?
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusia
It's a repromote.

yup it's a repromote however seeing as it only came out at the beggining of the year it's still pretty new also!
tong.gif