Mother In law DRAMA HELP!!!

lilsuzy

Ok This is what My drama is I have no idea what to do.
We have been planning to go to Disneyalnd for 6 months now. My mother in law paid for the tickets we paid for the hotel and Rental and we are taking our own Spending Money of course. Well I had told my bestfriend we are going to Disneyalnd and she told me you are maybe we will go same week you go. I was like really that would be cool. She was unsure about it but she told me now she was going for sure. She is going for 3 days we are their for 5 days. So my mother in law for some odd reason doesnt like her because of something that happen between her like 8 years ago that is really dumb anyways when she found out she is going she threaten my husband she is not going. Well now she stated she is not going. So my husband said this whole trip was planned to go with my mom not your freind. I was like look she is going regardless if we go or not thats her vacation too. Why does your mom care she is not no evil monster why does she want to ruin this trip for the kids and act totally immature. He kept telling me to tell my freind not to go . I was like are you CRAZY? Like im really going to tell MY BESTFREIND not to go because my mother in law doesnt like you. Yeah that would make me look like the most horrible person ever. So now nobody wants to go and im stuck on how im going to tell my bestfriend we are not going because my mother in law did not plan to go to la with you and refuses to go. My husband is not helping the situation! I dont know what to do and to top it off its my birthday the week we go It seems like this is my fault i told my bestfreind about it so now she is going and i ruin our whole trip i hate my mother in law this is BS man! im in tears because this is so not fair and nobody is taking my side. Did i do something WRONG?

GlossyAbby

not to upset you but did you nkow your mother in law didn't like her? My motehr in law is like a barracuda so I do whatever I can to keep her happy and out of my hair......

NicksWifey

That's not fair to you and your husband. If she paid the tickets, fine. But you guys paid the hotel and rental so it sounds like everything is fair in that aspect.
If your friend wants to go, that's her choice, it's not like you MIL is paying her way. It's her money and her vacation too, let her do whatever the hell she wants, it's really not your MIL's business. And if she doesn't like her so much, maybe she should avoid being around her? Just because she goes, doesn't mean she will be up her ass the entire trip.
If she is so bent up over your friend going, then tell her to keep her ass at home.

jenntoz

I think the most simple solution is to tell you friend how your MIL is acting & that you can't hang out with her there. Disney is a big place, tell your MIL that your friend isn't going, chances are you won't run into each other. That way your MIL is happy & noone loses out on any money cancelling any trips. I'm sure if she's your Best friend she'll want to help keep your life running smoothly & you'll hang out at home together

lilsuzy

Yeah in a way i did but she always invites her to my stuff all the time saying her name asking where she is at any event we do. So I didn't think she would act like this for this at all. I always please this women to keep her happy its like walking on egg shells with mother in laws when will we get a break and put up with our crap and just make us happy for once..This is ridiculous and childish and so unfair. I always trust me always do what she wants.

fafinette21

Hotels and theme parks are huge places, your MIL isn't going to be stuck to your best friends side the whole time, so I don't see what her deal is. There's no reason why you all can't go and everyone have a good time, it just seems like she is creating drama where there doesn't have to be any.

Simply Elegant

Well, to compromise, maybe your best friend can go and you guys can go and then one day meet up with your friend. It's her life and her trip and your MIL shouldn't try to stop her or manipulate any of you into feeling guilty.

lilsuzy

But you guys you know how embarrasing that is for me to tell my bestfriend dont hang out with us because my mother in law doesnt want to be near you. I mean my friend told me I cant wait to hang out with you guys and have the kids ride rides together. I mean she is only going to be their for 3 days. Why cant she do this one thing for me. She talks to her all the time never in any disrespect. Didnt know this whole time it was a act on her part that she freaking hates her that much. I want to tell my freind this whole drama but I would feel so embarrassed to even tell her its so not cool i know she would understand she always does but this is just not fair at all. Regardless if she doesnt go my mother in law stated to my husband she is still not going. This is just bs to me im so mad and hurt and all this is my fault in the end because i should have not even told her where I was going thats what my husband told me.I was like are you serious she is my freind we talk about everything just like u do with your freinds. Im ready to just give up in dissapear. All I know i cannot face my mother in law ever ever again she really pissed me off. I do allot for her and this what she does?

pink_lily002

As others have pointed out, Disneyland is a big place. While your friend will be there for a portion of the trip, you guys aren't going to be spending every waking hour together - you and your family will likely want to do things that your friend and her family may not want to do. Perhaps you guys could take turns one day with all the kids, that way they can go on rides together and adults can do their own thing. You haven't done anything wrong - all you did was share happy information with your friend! It's unfortunate that your mother-in-law was putting on an act around your best friend, and it's even more unfortunate that you were never made aware of her dislike towards your friend until this came up. Your mother-in-law should be able to spend time with you and your family while at Disneyland, and the same goes for your friend being able to spend time with you too. Seriously, it's a big place, there's tons to do and she won't be involved in EVERYTHING you guys do while you're there. It's not like your mother-in-law is paying for your friend either - it was her idea to go while you guys are there, not your idea nor you mother-in-law's idea.

I'm sorry that things aren't going well for you in this situation. Also, I'm not sure why your husband isn't being a little bit more supportive of you either. Try to calm down and speak with both your husband and your mother-in-law about the situation. Let them know that it upsets you that things have come to this, and calmly explain everything to them. While it may not turn out exactly as you would like, perhaps things outside of this trip will clear up and get better. Good luck!

persephonewillo

my opinion probably isn't going to be popular. if you planned it to be with just your MIL/family, you probably should have kept it that way, even if your best friend is paying her own way.

M.A.C. head.

I don't think you're going to be able uninvite your friend, and I really don't think you should have to. It's Disneyland, not you MILs house, so I don't know where she gets off thinking that she can demand that your friend not come.

If your MIL is going to be a drama queen and miss out on this special time with the family, that's her fault.