Mother Pearl is my nudie lippy liner! Chrome & Creme [FOTD/sorta]

stephbunny

Hi Specktra guys & gals,

Ever noticed how MAC doesn't make a true nude-ish lipliner?? I'm talking about the beige -ish J.Lo-like lip. =) I walked into MAC today just to browse around not expecting to buy anything (I'm waiting for the upcoming collections!) but I ended up buying three items....

I was never really interested in the chromeglasses, I think they look neat, but I think sometimes that my Purrr lipglass is even too "frosty" for me. But the MA there showed me the new cremesticks..and now I'm in love with "Mother Pearl"! It's a VERY light peachy color that doesn't show up very much on my NC20 skin. I told the MA that I was looking for a nude lipliner, and she kept suggesting subculture...I do like it, but to me, it's just a half -shade lighter than the other lipliners that I have already. (I wonder why she didn't show me Oak, it looks like the palest one there...even though I kept asking for something "lighter") Mother Pearl is also unlike any other lipliners I've seen out there.

So I just got home and tried it on...it really lightens up the lip area. I filled my lips with it and topped it off with some C-thru lipglass and a tiny bit of Cute-yet-sexy lip varnish. And I love it!! It looked great with just the C-thru on top of it. I was so excited, I thought I'd share with you all. So here's my unoffical "first" FOTD even though the pics are taken with my webcam, my digital camera is MIA at the moment.

1. First pic, me without makeup for reference (my lips are actually naturally quite pink). I look about 15 here, haha...in my glasses. My lips are actually my problem area on my face...I have eczema and it flares up around my lips, leaving it flaky and dry and red during the winter =(. 2. Here's another pic before going to a concert (hence the heartskull tee) with nothing on my lips...I was wearing Trax & some other shadows from an old palette that night.

3. And now for the Mother Pearl! *new love*
4. Next pic is of me holding 4 lipliners with swatches on my hand for reference. top (closest to thumb) are: MAC Mother Pearl Cremestick Pearl Liner, Beurjois Lip Liner in 10 Espiegle (a great nude lipliner, non-mac), MAC Stripdown Lip pencil, and MAC Spice Lip pencil.

Makeup today: Although you can't really tell from the pics (sorry!)
(no foundation) but studiofinish concealor palette in "light" around nose.
eyes: UDPP
Beige-ing s/s
Naked pigment on lid & highlight
Shimmertime pigment on lid
Sweet Lust e/s on lid
Overnight e/s in crease
LLL: inky to tightline
Anastasia brow powder & MAC brow finisher in Beige Blonde.
Kiss me Mascara and Benefit Bad Gal lash, both in black.

cheeks: Nars desire toned down with MAC Strada. When I came home the blush had faded completely (my eyes were tearing up all day today, so ended up wiping my cheeks alot) I replaced blush with Pout's "apricot totty" Rouge. It's sooo cute, and the color is great! Bright in the pan, but blends out.

lips: of course, mother pearl, c-thru l/g, a tiny dab of cute-yet-sexy l/v.

all pics are clickable thumbnails.

hope you enjoyed my gushing of mac products! eeeee!! =)

mistella

ooo i like. i have subcultured and i think it's too pink too. im gonna check out this liner!!

SELFstyled

You look great!
smiles.gif

jenii

Oh my god, you are *so* adorable! And that lipliner looks great! I'm gonna have to check it out.
greengrin.gif

LindseySullivan

Looks good
smiles.gif

I'm NW20 so our skin tone is pretty similar. Subculture is an awesome nude lip liner. I have stripdown (love it), spice, and oak (and about 10 others) and they're not at all similar. Oak is more tan than nudey on me.

stephbunny

thanks so much for the kind comments everyone! =)
ya, it's just really different from all the other liner's i've ever tried...i can see it maybe *not* working for some skin tones, but at least try it out at MAC before you get it!

BlahWah

That looks gorgeous! I'll have to grab that one up... oooh, biting into Barbie savings....=O But it looks too good on you to pass up getting it!

stephbunny

thanks for the compliments! i can't wait for barbie too, I wasn't expecting to pick up anything between now and then...but you know how it is when you approach a mac counter. =P