Movie Remakes - What Do You Think?

LMD84

what the heck!?! leave the breakfast club alone! it's amazing and if they re-did it nwo it would lack the charm the original had... it's be like watching an extra long episode of the oc or something!

horror re-makes are hit and miss too. some i like (hills have eyes for example) and some are just rubbish (the ring for example)

but yeah i think that studios are short for ideas at the moment. every other film is a bloody re-make at the moment!

panther27

^^^^Judd Nelson is so hot
drools.gif

Makeup Emporium

The Breakfast Club IMO should never be touched. If you can't improve upon a movie then you should just leave it alone!

The 80's had some classics that should never be touched...
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Breakfast Club
Dirthy Dancing
Top Gun
Sixteen Candles

...the list goes on. I mean come on leave the 80's alone already. It's bad enough that the fashion comes back but do we need bad remakes as well???

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
^^^^Judd Nelson is so hot
drools.gif

I know! Back then I was like, "Why can't he go to my school?
tong.gif

MissAlly

Mtv is suppose to remake the Rocky Horror Picture Show.Like,what the fucking Hell?!No way.They cannot do that.=|

ginger9

As a general rule of thumb remakes should not be done!! I can't think of ONE remake that was better than the original. The only time that happens is when the person has never seen the original to begin with!

Even tv remakes are stupid - like 90210 and Melrose Place. Honestly, it doesn't even have to require a lot of effort, just change the name to Brentwood or West Hollywood and change around the names and places. They're even too lazy to do that!!

MissCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
As a general rule of thumb remakes should not be done!! I can't think of ONE remake that was better than the original. The only time that happens is when the person has never seen the original to begin with!

Even tv remakes are stupid - like 90210 and Melrose Place. Honestly, it doesn't even have to require a lot of effort, just change the name to Brentwood or West Hollywood and change around the names and places. They're even too lazy to do that!!

i know !! i used to watch 90210 when i was like 10 and the remake is so dumb its just like laguna beach .. and now Melrose Place !! whats next i guess hollywood is running out of ideas for tv, why not just play re-runs of the orginal they would get wayy more viewers then the new bs.

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlly
Mtv is suppose to remake the Rocky Horror Picture Show.Like,what the fucking Hell?!No way.They cannot do that.=|

No!!! Say it isn't so... things that come out of MTV production studios do not mesh with RHPS in my opinion =/

MxAxC-_ATTACK

It depends on the movie being remade, but movies from the 80's and early 90's No.. its too soon!

And I am 100% against the remake of the Breakfast Club... how can they touch a cult classic like that ? thats like remaking the wizard of Oz, it just isn't gonna work.