moving to shanghai

mahreez

Hi any specktra members fr shanghai here? I'm moving to shanghai fr work and im both nervous and excited at the same time.
Will i have a hard time f i dont know how to speak mandarin? Is mac locally available? And what sort of clothes do people who teach in school wear (dats my job). Im really jst simple and im afraid i might be too underdressed for work.

xxManBeaterxx

I'm part shanghainese, my dad was born there. Its been a while since i last went. I dont think there is a mac store anywhere in china =[. As for school, i would it keep simple, dress pants and a simple semi-dressy top, very classic until you get a feel for your school. What age group are you teaching? I know a lot of teachers at this one school wears dresses often, just simple dresses. Anyways good luck with your new job!

gigiopolis

There's definitely a MAC store in China (think about how stupid MAC would be to neglect a 1.3 billion population!!). Prices might be (a lot) different though, you never know. I know that in Hong Kong the prices aren't that far off.

If you go to the MAC website and click "Find Stores" on the right side, you can easily do a search of stores in Shanghai.

I don't think you'll have a huge problem with not speaking Mandarin in Shanghai, since it's a big city and all. There will definitely be people there that speak English, even though it might not be perfect, or even understandable XD. It'll be okay though. Some language barriers are to be expected.

xxManBeaterxx

Wow i searched on google and no mac store in china was mentioned. but i took a look on the website, and there are about 10 mac stores located throughout china!

Latest posts