MSF and bobbi brown brush

chazza

cos i am so entirely broke from spending loads on clothes and other mac stuff lately, i absolutely cannot afford the 187 brush while i just got mac's MSF in medium. i've heard the 187 is great for MSFs but since i can't afford it right now i scouted on my local selling LJ community, and found this:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2813492/...=2380178& P=1

for sale at a bargain of a price. it's shaped like the 187, though much smaller probably. would you girls think this could be a good temporary substitute before i get my actual 187? or is this a totally stupid idea? thanks in advance!

Twinkle_Twinkle

I honestly don't think you need to buy into the hype and get the 187 for the MSF. You can apply it with the 129 or any cheek brush with a light hand or use a bronzer brush. I actually apply my MSF with a less dense face brush. But that's just my 2 cents...

chazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter_wind
Essential Beauty Supplies has several different types of brushes at cheaper prices. Kabukis and Fibre Optic brushes (they are pretty similar to 187).

oooh actually i ordered a really cheap kabuki from kosmetech.com. would you happen to know if those are any good? thanks for your advice!

Personally, I've not tried any of the Essential Beauty Supplies brushes. So far, I've only stuck to counter brands like MAC and Bobbi Brown. However, it seems quite well-received in another beauty forum I visit. Link to Essential Beauty Brushes thread

I have never tried brushes from kosmetech.com. (in fact, I've never heard of it until I joined this forum.)