Msf Help Please!!!!

BrokefromMAC

Hi Everyone
smiles.gif
. I own the MSF's in Light Flush and Warmed. I bought them sight unseen a while back because of all the raves that people have about MSF's in general. Well, so far I am having no luck with them
ssad.gif
. I try to put them on lightly as a highlight, or a blush but everytime I do I end up looking awful. My cheeks look like a shiny, weird, oily mess and my pores look a million times bigger than they are already. What am I doing wrong? Maybe you all have some tips on where on the cheeks to apply them and what brush to use. Thanks in advance
greengrin.gif

radarlove

What brush are you using?

For highlighting, I use either my 187 or my 116, depending on the effect I want to achieve. Below is an example of where I apply my MSFs (very lightly!) when using them as highlighters, in order to avoid looking too glittery.

I keep them away from the apples of my cheeks and just keep it in a small circle on the very top of my cheekbone....as you can see in the pic.

(Where the red is on this pic - I took this from Google images, hope that's ok.)

vhri3n.jpg

alka1

Applying MSFs can be a bit tricky because they each have a different finish/texture. Petticoat has a high-frost almost metallic finish.. Soft and Gentle is shimmery, but not metallic. Perfect Topping is more of a sheen than a shimmer. So Ceylon has very fine shimmer.

For highlighting, the 188 and 165 work great. If I want a bit more color (So Ceylon, Brunette) I use either the 138 or the kabukis (181/182).

I apply it the same way it is pictured in the diagram above, except for the T-Zone as I tend to get naturally shiny there
smiles.gif

juicy415

i have the same problem as you. when i apply it on my face it looks really pretty but then like 1 hr my skin look really shiny (in a bad way) i have oily skin too and i tried everything and nothing work for me

Twinkle_Twinkle

Could it just be that some types of highlighting products don't work for you? Some people with oily skin tend to stray away from high-shimmer products because it can make you look oily. Same is true for people with large pores (not saying that your pores are large per say); shimmery products can enhance the appearance of pores.

LMD84

when i first got a msf i used the 129 brush to put it all over my cheeks - looked a freaking mess! i had massive pores (even though they're not that visable usually!) and it also made me look like a shiney, oily clown!

turns out i used far too much and the wrong brush! when i want to use it to highlight i use the 227 brush! i know it's meant for eyes but it's perfect at applying a little highlighter!

if i want more then i use the 187 or the 165 brush with a very light hand. keep working at it because they can look great! just not when you use too much!

BrokefromMAC

Thank you everyone for the advice
greengrin.gif
. I have heard to use the 187 but mine is always gunked up because I use it for my foundation. I have been using my 129 and I think maybe that is just putting too much on. I will try my 187 and see how it goes
smiles.gif
. My skin is already oily and I have large pores so maybe this is just not the product for me. That will make me sad because they are just so pretty. I wonder if the mineralize blushes are as glittery as the MSF?
th_dunno.gif