MSF palette

saniyairshad

Wouldn't it be coool if MAC came out with a palette to de-pot MSFs in
winks.gif
? kinda like wht they have for blushes

lara

Given how flakey and prone to dusting MSFs are, I couldn't think of a more unsuitable product to go into a mixed palette.

Shimmer

They're obscenely overrated, so I can't imagine anyone would want to pay the $$ for them.

medusalox

At first I was like, Hell yeah. But then I thought, what if I drop the pallette? WHAM, all my skinfinishes would be shattered. I know from experience that MSF+Gravity*floor=despair.

brookeab

I would imagine that there would be a lot of broken MSFs after people try to depot them. They are SO fragile and I can just see someone getting it in the wrong place and busting it to pieces. Otherwise, i think it could be a good idea! I like my stuff in the original packaging though.
smiles.gif

shootergirlnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Given how flakey and prone to dusting MSFs are, I couldn't think of a more unsuitable product to go into a mixed palette.

Agreed

bellaetoile

exactly what lara said. the point of a palette is to be able to travel, and to offer some protection to the cosmetics within. even in the thickest plastic container, and MSF is still going to be way too fragile to travel with any regularity.. while it might sound nice to have an MSF palette, there isn't a practical way to do it.

Ella_

I would prefer them to be in a container with a screw top. That way if it did drop its all contained and I wont have the risk of losing big chunks if I dropped it like I would if the compact burst open on the floor

medusalox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella_
I would prefer them to be in a container with a screw top. That way if it did drop its all contained and I wont have the risk of losing big chunks if I dropped it like I would if the compact burst open on the floor

Yes! I dropped a petticoat on my bathroom floor, and yeah, I had a golden pink sparkle to the tiles for a few days. It went everywhere! A screw top would work
smiles.gif

Wait, unless you're secretly the Hulk like I fancy myself to be, and you squeeze the container too hard when trying to unscrew the lid....poof! Shattered in your own hand!

I think I worry too much about my skinfinishes.

kalice

My shimpagne was completely busted, but before I fixed it, I took a little aside and pressed it into an eyeshadow pan and stuck it into my 15 pan (lol, I had 3 eyeshadows at that time and I really really wanted to fill that pan). I thought of using it as an eyeshadow, but I actually ended up using it as a face highlighter, and it was so much easier too-I didn't clutter up my desk. I ended up pressing bits of my other msfs (I scraped a little off) into eyeshadow pans and using them that way in my palette.

I have to be careful so I don't take up colour from the other eyeshadows, but its really useful for when I travel. I only scrape a small amount each time so if it did crumble or shatter (which hasn't happened yet) I wouldn't be too sad.

I used 70% ethanol to press them. It doesn't ruin the texture of the msf. They actually end up being less dusty than normal.

saniyairshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalice
My shimpagne was completely busted, but before I fixed it, I took a little aside and pressed it into an eyeshadow pan and stuck it into my 15 pan (lol, I had 3 eyeshadows at that time and I really really wanted to fill that pan). I thought of using it as an eyeshadow, but I actually ended up using it as a face highlighter, and it was so much easier too-I didn't clutter up my desk. I ended up pressing bits of my other msfs (I scraped a little off) into eyeshadow pans and using them that way in my palette.

I have to be careful so I don't take up colour from the other eyeshadows, but its really useful for when I travel. I only scrape a small amount each time so if it did crumble or shatter (which hasn't happened yet) I wouldn't be too sad.

I used 70% ethanol to press them. It doesn't ruin the texture of the msf. They actually end up being less dusty than normal.

Nice idea Kalice
smiles.gif
Very innovative