MSFN and peachy blush/lipstick question...

Tahti

Hey!...

Just a quick question about MSFN's first of all - I've never bought one of these before, and not having the chance to swatch them IRL (and can't find swatches I'm happy with online... yet) I'm wondering how pale the Light shade is?

Is it paler than NC15? I'm considering buying it, along with maybe the Medium shade, for contouring/highlighting. What shade is the Medium MSFN? I can't wear any orange/yellow tones, it looks really fake on my skin... I'm after an ashy brown MFSN.

And onto blush ;
I'm getting tired of continually wearing pink blushes, however the same rule applies to potential peachy blushes as above - anything with too overly yellow/orange tones in it is out.
I'm paler than NC15 (Illamasqua 105-120), is there any peachy blush that gives a natural look to very pale skin without making it appear 'bronzed' (I hate bronzer... I look crazy wearing it, like I put my makeup on in the dark, and I was colourblind too lol)
More like just bringing my skintone to the less pinky side of pale, and making it more peachy.

And finally lipstick ;
I lovvvvvve Cute-ster (from HK collection) Literally, adore it... lol... I have many backups. It was the very first peachy lipstick I've ever bought and it looks great on my skintone. I want to buy more peachy shades (hopefully permanent... and preferably not matte) but I don't know where to start as I'm afraid I'll pick a too beige-y brown-y shade and make myself look like a 90's Spice Girl reject. Suggestions? ;D

Thankyou!
heart.gif

banana1234

you could take a look at benefit's coralista blush swatches, that isnt a very browny coraly peachy shade
also, benefit's georgia, its a bit more toned down

sorry i dont know about the MSFNs

gildedangel

I am NC15 and Light is too light for me, I have to use Light Medium. For the blush I would rec springsheen, but you might find it to be too pink. I don't know about the lipstick. HTH!

ForgetRegret

I think MSFN in Light would be fine for you...blush, I'd recommend Peaches, or Pinch o' Peach if you don't want BAM! peach cheeks...although they're both sheertones, so you won't look like a crazy clown.
greengrin.gif
I don't recall how it looks in person (sorry, I suck), but Peachykeen may work too...Improvise mineralize may work too.
For lips...See Sheer or Ravishing..? Or Vegas Volt if you're looking for a bright lip. Euro Beat dazzleglass is gorgeous on its' own, or over top of peachy/coral lipsticks, as mentioned, Love Nectar is just...my friend's ex told her once that it made her "mouth look like sex" LOL Prrr and Enchantress are my favorite peachy lipglasses. HTH a little!
greengrin.gif

annikay

I hope I can help you some... OK: MSFN - I use Light, I'm NW15 and it has a slight yellow tone to it but not so much that I mind - so I think Light would be great for you. I've read that Light Medium and Medium are the same level of colour intensity but Light Medium is for NCs, Medium for NWs - I'm not sure if either is enough for contouring - I'd say The Perfect Cheek Blush (matte, from Make Up Art Cosmetics collection) would be perfect for that - i have it and love it, also Warm Soul Mineralize Blush is great for me - I hate bronzey stuff but this is great for summer. But Dainty would be a great peachy blush for you - it's a yellow pink so it's between peach and pink. And lipstick? Maybe Hug Me (perm) or Way to Love (LE from Rose Romance) or Nude Rose (from DSquared2). HTH
winkiss.gif
(Oh and I had Shy Girl - someone suggested it - it was too orangey for me!)

ETA Forgot to recommend Marquise D' lipstick from Brunette Blonde Redhead!

annikay

Here are all perm MAC lipsticks swatched

The Next Best Thing to Going Shopping Yourself: MAC Lipstick Recap

And if you decide if Dainty is for you, I have one I've used only twice as it was too warm for me, I prefer cooler pinks. I actually have it listed on MUA!

Sonic Chic blushes swatched

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Co-NcLNyFP...2_(Medium).jpg

And here's a pic of me wearing MSFN in Light, Warm Soul Mineralize Blush and Wildly Lush Plushglass

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...300_575948.jpg

Fataliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahti
Hey!...

Just a quick question about MSFN's first of all - I've never bought one of these before, and not having the chance to swatch them IRL (and can't find swatches I'm happy with online... yet) I'm wondering how pale the Light shade is?

Is it paler than NC15? I'm considering buying it, along with maybe the Medium shade, for contouring/highlighting. What shade is the Medium MSFN? I can't wear any orange/yellow tones, it looks really fake on my skin... I'm after an ashy brown MFSN.

And onto blush ;
I'm getting tired of continually wearing pink blushes, however the same rule applies to potential peachy blushes as above - anything with too overly yellow/orange tones in it is out.
I'm paler than NC15 (Illamasqua 105-120), is there any peachy blush that gives a natural look to very pale skin without making it appear 'bronzed' (I hate bronzer... I look crazy wearing it, like I put my makeup on in the dark, and I was colourblind too lol)
More like just bringing my skintone to the less pinky side of pale, and making it more peachy.

And finally lipstick ;
I lovvvvvve Cute-ster (from HK collection) Literally, adore it... lol... I have many backups. It was the very first peachy lipstick I've ever bought and it looks great on my skintone. I want to buy more peachy shades (hopefully permanent... and preferably not matte) but I don't know where to start as I'm afraid I'll pick a too beige-y brown-y shade and make myself look like a 90's Spice Girl reject. Suggestions? ;D

Thankyou!
heart.gif

I use MSFN in Light as my foundation. I just spray my brush with Fix+, swirl it in the compact and apply. The LIGHTEST MAC liquid foundation was too dark for me, and this is a perfect fit, so yes, it IS lighter than the 15 shade.

Hope that helps.

ladyJ

I think MSFN light would be good for you. You could probably contour with medium.

I like eversun and nuance mineralize blush as a peach blush. Eversun is my favorite and it came out with style warriors recently. Nuance came out with sonic chic but will be re-released for the holidays.

I'm not really good with peach lipsticks. The closest thing I have to peach is shy girl.

Dani California

Hi there
greengrin.gif

I'm around your colouring (think super pale dita von teese) so I hope I can help you out a bit.

Peachier blushers: my fave MAC one would be Springsheen, it is inbetween a peach and a pink if that makes any sense, its a peachy pink
greengrin.gif
looks beautiful on pale skin, I reach for it often.
thmbup.gif
. Also I don't have Dainty but that might be worth checking out as well. I have Nuance and be warned, its a bit orangey and muddy looking on pale skin I find, have to just tap the brush into it......or its YIKES!!
lol.gif

Also another one I reach for quite a bit in the peach family is NARS orgasm, its that same peachy pink thing, really pretty on pale skin, but to be honest I love my Springsheen just as much if not more!

Peachy lip colours? I was going to say have you tried a coral? such as Wonderstruck, I think its really pretty and goes really well with springsheen. My fave peachy lipgloss is a Max Factor one, think its called peach glow? it goes with everything!
thmbup.gif

Oooh I see you've mentioned Illamasqua foundations, how pale are they? honestly I'm prescriptives blue/red and use their traceless in level one, what would you rec for me? I'm also wanting to know about the MSFN in light, I think it would be light enough for us though!

Hope I've helped you in some way
greengrin.gif

Latest posts