• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

mskitchmas' pressed pigments guide and photos

mskitchmas

Hi there,
Just tried my hand at pressing pigments. It was fun! The labels are made by my fav organizing gadget - an electronic DYMO label maker.

olivegold.jpg

ps - if this belongs in another forum, let me know!

neeshie

i've pressed all my 8 pigments and love them more than the pigments.

i've also made my own colors by mixing them and a whole load of samples i have.
my sister thinks i am crazy cos i made 12 new colors! - what does dhe know, she only ever wears 2 colours!

mskitchmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeshie
i've pressed all my 8 pigments and love them more than the pigments.

i've also made my own colors by mixing them and a whole load of samples i have.
my sister thinks i am crazy cos i made 12 new colors! - what does dhe know, she only ever wears 2 colours!

Your sis doesn't know what's she's missin'!

smiles.gif

XsheXscreamsX

these are the best pressed pigments i have seen yet! it makes me wanna try it. what type of fabric did you put over top?

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskitchmas
Your sis doesn't know what's she's missin'!

smiles.gif

I'm terrified of pressing pigments, I'm afraid I'll eff it up.

mskitchmas

Thank you all for the compliments! (blush)
Here's what I used to make the magic happen. (Plus the tin and the isopropyl alcohol). I used a little scrap of fabric that has a 'checkered' texture sort of backing. (It's the cheetah print velour on the front)

prsngsply.jpg

divaster

Those do look awesome!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but where do you get the pans to put it in? Is there somewhere to buy the silver tins or do you just use ones from e/s that you've used up? Also, where did you get that clear spatula thing. Sorry for being dumb!!
winks.gif

capspock

Wow, I never cared about pressing piggies, but these look so perfect I want to try now! Great job!!

aziajs

Wow...great job. I want to do this cuz I think they'd be easier to use pressed. But I am very lazy.

Classic Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by divaster
Those do look awesome!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but where do you get the pans to put it in? Is there somewhere to buy the silver tins or do you just use ones from e/s that you've used up? Also, where did you get that clear spatula thing. Sorry for being dumb!!
winks.gif

It's not a dumb question, because I would like to know too.

Wontpayretail23

I know people have been saving used up e/s pans to use or using cheap ones and scraping them out to use for this. No one can seem to find these empty at this time. Also the little spatula's can be found at sally beauty supply. Hope this helps.

mskitchmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by divaster
Those do look awesome!

winks.gif

The pans/tins come from Wet and Wild Eyeshadows. They are the cheapest I could find that are almost exactly the same size as the Mac & UD pans. It's still kind of costly just for a little tin ($1.69 US) but I was eager to get to it! And they do fit into the MAC palettes just fine.

I've also read in another thread that one can use the Claire's boutique eyeshadows.

I like to use a clothes iron to de-pan, but it was easier with a flat iron for these. It was a little work to remove all of the plastic from the case. (I've already thrown them out, otherwise I'd show you.)

And the little plastic spatula came from a kit of an empty bottle and plastic containers I bought at ULTA.

Thanks for your interest!
wavey.gif

Classic Beauty

Thanks so much! I have been wanting to press my shadows forever, but I never had any pans. I was contimplating just buying milani and scraping the eyeshadows out, but wet and wild is cheaper.

Latest posts