• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

mskitchmas' pressed pigments guide and photos

MacVirgin

Wow! i'm realy impressed
icon_eek.gif
looks totaly professional
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
. We have a tool like that looks like that but i'm afraid of pressing my pigments
th_confused_new.gif

mskitchmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli
thats looks nice!! how much pigment did you use per e/s pan?

It's a little different for every pigment. Some have a fluffier, less dense texture and seem to take a little more. I'd say roughly a little over a quarter of a full-size pigment jar.

I'm pressing a few more throughout the week and will post them towards the end of the week.

wavey.gif

MacVirgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskitchmas
It's a little different for every pigment. Some have a fluffier, less dense texture and seem to take a little more. I'd say roughly a little over a quarter of a full-size pigment jar.

I'm pressing a few more throughout the week and will post them towards the end of the week.

wavey.gif

ohh please do, that looks realy good

ette

LOL you should sell these!! No joke people would pay, much easier way to get pigment samples!

addicted_2color

wow! beautifully done. i seriously must try this. i just need to get my hands on some empty pans and some fabric
smiles.gif

are you planning on doing more?

divaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ette
LOL you should sell these!! No joke people would pay, much easier way to get pigment samples!

I totally agree!

mskitchmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by super exotic
when you press pigments..do they show up more than they would as regular powder?

I've tried almost all 8 that I've pressed and the color doesn't seem to be affected at all. And I spill much less!

I did want to mention that I used the 92% Isopropyl Alcohol instead of the 70. I thought with less water in it, they would dry faster.

Latest posts