MUA and LE inflation (bad experience on MUA)

AlohaGirl

I don't think you were rude at all. For rare items, I think it's fine to place them at a slighty higher than retail value.

crystalpenguin13

I'm new to both communities, but have definitely noticed it gets a little bitchy on MUA, and even occasionally on mac_cosmetics. i had a girl on mua get crazy and block me because i didn't want to swap my barely used petticoat AND bnib lucky green for a half jar of readily available pigment. i ended up giving the lucky green to a girl who CP'd me a pro pigment-as far as i'm concerned, a perfectly fair trade.

i also love how some people talk about "being very picky" over something like a $14 bottle of primer potion.

SugarAsh182

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutandrun
They bash FOTDs?! Omg I've never read about that on the boards... That sounds so horrible and nasty. However, there's actually a site called beautybash.net which bashes the people on MUA (which I think is really stupid, plus a waste of time), it's basically a site devoted insulting MUAers!

I meant beautybash actually... it's all MUAers that post there.... so they do bash FOTD's just not to your face. There's alot of two-faced girls over there. That being said, I've met alot of seemingly genuine girls over there as well, so there are positives and negatives, just like in any community.

**Eek I'm hijacking the thread! Sorry to get off-topic!

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarAsh182
I meant beautybash actually... it's all MUAers that post there.... so they do bash FOTD's just not to your face. There's alot of two-faced girls over there. That being said, I've met alot of seemingly genuine girls over there as well, so there are positives and negatives, just like in any community.

**Eek I'm hijacking the thread! Sorry to get off-topic!

There are good days and bad days over there. Sometimes I can put up a FOTD and get a great response, and other times I get a cold shoulder or some pretty mean comments. I do not think that all people mean to be unpleasant, but they just do not understand anyone that is not like they are.

As for the value of what you want to swap- heck, it is your item, if you want $100 value of stuff for it, then that is your perrogative. As long as it is yours, then you can demand what you want for it.

I just try to treat others as I would want them to treat me whenever possible.