MUA (makeup academy) Superdrugs new £1 range!

LisaOrestea

I got an email about this range and just presumed it would all be rubbish so I ignored it, but then this morning a video review of the stuff came up in my suggested videos on youtube so I had a watch and was really impressed with what I saw!

I popped into town this afternoon and picked up 7 things from the range. The eyeshadows are really pigmented. The glitter liners are nice colours too (despite the glitter being a little chunky.)

I bought some colours that I thought would be dupes for some of my favourite HE items because I don't really like taking all my expensive makeup to festivals and gigs. Turns out they are pretty spot on for what I thought they would dupe with!

I made some swatches but my camera is a little bit rubbish - it is definatly worth checking out if you are UK based though!

shade2.png

Shade1.png

Shade4.png

shade8and9.png

Eyedust4.png

Glittershade3.png

SeaHen

I have not seen this in store yet, i will be buying the vanilla dupe though.
Offtopic
Has anyone seen the scarlett and crimson range( for faux alternative teens) in superdrug? I saw it today, tested and its not very good.

LisaOrestea

not many stores have it yet by the sounds of it but Im sure its coming soon
greengrin.gif

I got a couple of other colours today (can't resist good makeup for a pound!)

My favourite products in this range are the loose eyeshadows - I bought two more of those today and the colour payoff and staying power of them are exactly the same as MAC pigments!

I found a couple more dupes too, so I will take some more comparison photos later on and post them up
greengrin.gif

LivingFire

Wow- judging by what you posted they seem to have fantastic colour payoff! I've been wanting MAC Vanilla E/S for ages - but what with being a skint student... y'know!

Cheers for the tip!

LivingFire

Slight update from me - I got a few shades of e/s - 01 ('vanilla' esque) being one of them - and I am blown away by the pigmentation and staying power. I've been telling my friends and family about them, they're just so good!

I wore shade 01 with the black liquid liner over the top for my birthday night out... put them on (with UDPP under) at about 4.30pm and at 3am they were still holding tight!

I say if you're undecided, give them a go.
smiles.gif

Laurenxx

ohh I've been wanting to check this out but been to scared by the scarily low price lol. Thanks for the post!

sarahsharkbait

Trust me MUA are amazing Brand and they have a new range out called PRO which is increased slighlty by the price but the quality never depletes :)
Also you can swatch and test them out for yourself at your local superdrug I suppose :)